No moral victories

cincyhawk

The defense played well enough to win. Lots of positives on that side of the ball.

The offense, only shows up for a half, again. There were plenty of positives there, but the same issues - poor clock management on that failed two-point conversion; not going deep early in the game; inability to finish drives; not being fired up to start the game; checkdowns, a lack of an inspired running game...

3 pts in the first half cannot be acceptable offensive output. Not going for it before Gordon's game winning 80 plus yard run was a poor decision. Good that Jake woke up in the late third quarter, but how long is his leash?

This was a beatable WI team. Hard fought till the end, but for me it makes the loss that much more bitter. The kids on the defense deserved to get a win out of this one.

While I agree that this game was no moral victory, I'm not sure the defense deserves all of the praise. They were inept on third down and that Stave run was a microcosm of everything that is wrong with this LB corps.

Not sure ... sort of sense you're giving the defense a moral victory ... after all, they allowed a 200 yard rusher and gave up numerous 3rd - longs all day but most damaging during crunch time.

They kept the game within reach during the 1st half when, once again, the offense was shameful. However, they had everything they needed -- the momentum, the crowd, the clock -- and didn't deliver when most needed. If they get that stop, the offense would've won the game.

Nearly everyone expected Wisconsin to score more than they did and control the game more than they did. If the offense moves the ball at all in the first half, the final plays might have turned out differently.

Latest posts