No Hungry Hobo in CR/IC anymore?

Luftgekuehlt67

Am I seeing this right that there are no Hungry Hobos left in CR or IC? I see there are a bunch in the Quad Cities, but looks like there are none left in CR/IC.

Too bad, I always loved the 'Bo. Certainly a nice change of pace from chain sammiches. Seems like they always had a nice crowd, too - surprised to see them no longer around.

The Iowa City one changed to Red Pepper Deli and was around until a year or two ago. The owner of the building sold to a developer I believe. Wedge Pizza moved out on Hwy 1, but I guess RPD couldn't find a suitable location to move to. Too bad...they had some great cheap food, especially when looking to feed the family.

Man, that sucks. Hungry Hobo was pretty good. I think the whole chain sammich place thing was prolly in a bubble that is slowly unwinding. Subway is a shell of its former self. Quizno's closed something like 3/4ths of its stores and went bankrupt. Blimpie has faded. Jersey Mikes and Jimmy Johns are probably doing okay, but Jersey Mikes is like $15 for a freaking lunch now.

The Iowa City one changed to Red Pepper Deli and was around until a year or two ago. The owner of the building sold to a developer I believe. Wedge Pizza moved out on Hwy 1, but I guess RPD couldn't find a suitable location to move to. Too bad...they had some great cheap food, especially when looking to feed the family.
I stopped at the Red Pepper Deli once and was pleasantly surprised to say the least. It was terrific. By the time I wanted to take the wifey there it was gone.

Latest posts