No hawks on AP All American Team

jkg08

Michigan State LB was only Big Ten Player on Team. Tell me your thoughts. I see a lot of SEC players. Ridiculous.

I dont have any problem with not having any AP All-Americans. Iowa's style is to play team defense. No one is going to really have to stand out if everyone does their job. Our stats arent trememdous because the team plays well together. Our offense wasnt anything to brag about, and is why we shouldnt have any all-americans this year.
The SEC players listed are really good though, as much as it pains to say it. The only one I havent heard of is the G Johnson from Alabama. I'm sure he's good though, since he was blocking for Ingram, who won the heisman.

I actually think that's probably the best 1st team list I've seen. I honestly don't think I can argue a Hawkeye making the first team over the guys listed except maybe Angerer over Norwood. Sash maybe makes the team if they have 4 defensive backs, but with 2 CBs and 2 safeties, its tough to put him ahead of Berry and Thomas. Does anyone have a link to the 2nd and 3rd teams?

is regiss ben on the AP list?
I thought he was a mortal lock.

The ESPN article only lists the first team, Iowa had three guys make an AP AA team.

Bulaga and Angerer - 2nd team
Sash - 3rd team

I'm a bit surprised that Clayborn didn't make at least 3rd team.

Pretty much, no real stand out players on Iowa to the rest of the nation just a bunch of fundamentally sound, solid players. But yes Clayborn should have at least made third team.

If Iowa did not have these defensive players, this season would have been different. Clayborn really has not been acknowledged by media at all.

Latest posts