No excuse for shooting 3 for 20 from three

glidinghawk

On about 16 of those shots, they had wide open looks.

No guts tonight, except for Mike and Gabe and Zack.

About as pathetic as attempting that many 3s when for the better part of two games, Iowa has owned the paint.

Sadly, just can't shoot. Other areas of game magnified when you can't shoot. Bad turnovers (and there were bad ones) and a couple breakdowns on D. You can play 5 or 15, but if you can't shoot....

Sadly, just can't shoot. Other areas of game magnified when you can't shoot. Bad turnovers (and there were bad ones) and a couple breakdowns on D. You can play 5 or 15, but if you can't shoot....

Bingo. Just a SLIGHT improvement from 3 and from the ft line...and we'll be fine.

These close losses are brutal, especially at home. Still love this team and extremely impressed with what Fran has done in just 3-4 years. Even in poorly played games, its fun to watch again.

Does anybody have a statistic for home shooting percentage? I would guess that we are the worst shooting team % wise at home. If anybody has any free time, I would love to see a breakdown of Big teams and their shooting percentages at home versus on the road.

Does anybody have a statistic for home shooting percentage? I would guess that we are the worst shooting team % wise at home. If anybody has any free time, I would love to see a breakdown of Big teams and their shooting percentages at home versus on the road.

Hmmm, no thanks. I don't think that would cheer me up, right now. But while somebody is at it, might as well look at missed free throws inside 4 minutes of each half, as well as 3-point shot attempts vs points in the paint, with a lead. Then, bring the whole report to me and pour some lemon juice on my paper cut.

Even in poorly played games, its fun to watch again.

The last 3 games I was embarrassed for the players and especially for the coaches. I had stopped watching during the Alfraud years, gave Lick a year before realizing a high school asst coach would have been a better hire. Had some hope, but they look like a hot mess right now.

The last 3 games I was embarrassed for the players and especially for the coaches. I had stopped watching during the Alfraud years, gave Lick a year before realizing a high school asst coach would have been a better hire. Had some hope, but they look like a hot mess right now.

Losing sucks. But well be fine.

I've been pointing this out a lot lately... some people have tried to brush it off...

We couldn't shoot last year and its starting to happen again.

Yeah still got third place but getting reeled in by the pack. Really screwed the pooch on the home losses. Could have almost locked up at least 3rd place by now.

Bingo. Just a SLIGHT improvement from 3 and from the ft line...and we'll be fine.

These close losses are brutal, especially at home. Still love this team and extremely impressed with what Fran has done in just 3-4 years. Even in poorly played games, its fun to watch again.

yes, we all are and it's a great story to hang yer hat on but this is getting old. Times a tickin' too for us to correct our shooting woes. Like 9 games left....tickin'.

For a team that can't shoot and hasn't been able to shoot for 2 years now, we sure love to shoot and shoot and it doesn't look natural

Shooting is the biggest mental aspect of this game, IMO. When you have a stinker like that last night, it can linger for a few games. My gawd I hope I'm wrong but shooting (good or bad) can be contagious.

About as pathetic as attempting that many 3s when for the better part of two games, Iowa has owned the paint.

But you see its not that simple... if the teams no we can't shoot from the outside they will back off and clog the paint.... easiest way to stiffle your inside game... have not outside game.

See Aaron White's inability to score consistently.

Anything can happen with threes, but from the ft line, no excuses for that. We are terrible from the ft line. Ridic

Latest posts