No decision made on Paterno statue

HawkeyeHypnosis

Penn State officials denies decision has been reached to take down Joe Paterno

From article:

"We did no such thing," Robert McCombie told Onward State, a website covering the team, and reporters from the student newspaper of a vote supposedly held on the issue. Penn State spokesman David La Torre told the Daily News in an email that he was unaware of any decision by the board regarding the Paterno statue.

The decision whether to remove or move the statue will be made by Penn State president Rodney Erickson and not the board, according to the trustees, who said they did discuss the issue in a conference call Thursday night.

The statue should go down faster than Monica Lewinsky in the Oval Office.

Good cover up by them. There are already moron students surrounding the thing. My guess in a week or so one day it will vanish in the middle of the night. At least that would be the smart thing to do to avoid the media coverage. Of course we are talking about PSU so they will probably announce when its coming down.

Good cover up by them. There are already moron students surrounding the thing. My guess in a week or so one day it will vanish in the middle of the night. At least that would be the smart thing to do to avoid the media coverage. Of course we are talking about PSU so they will probably announce when its coming down.

It can't just vanish in the middle of the night, they got some group protecting the damn thing from 8 pm until 8 am.

If the PTB want it down, they'll get it down, blockade or no blockade.

I have never seen the statue but have heard it shows Paternal in a run like stance with his hand up in the number one sign. If the statue ends up staying maybe it would a good idea to have a pair of boys underwear hanging from that number one symbol so the Penn State fans can always remember just how important maintaining a good image all cost is to the university. :mad:

I have never seen the statue but have heard it shows Paternal in a run like stance with his hand up in the number one sign. If the statue ends up staying maybe it would a good idea to have a pair of boys underwear hanging from that number one symbol so the Penn State fans can always remember just how important maintaining a good image all cost is to the university. :mad:

Went to the game last year with a group of friends, have some interesting pics with the statute, some a little ironic after the Sandusky news broke, I will leave it at that.

It's the quote on the statue that gets me:

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach."

He probably said that while knowing what he knew.

The statue is very creepy to me now. Out of respect it should be taken down and likely will be. It's going to come down regardless.

Latest posts