No Conference Excelling in Bowls

eyekwah

There is still many games to be played, but no conference appears to be dominant at this point.

Pac Ten is 2 and 4 at this point and Oregon yet to play.
The ACC is 2 and 3.
B10 is 1 and 1 after the Gophers fumbled a possible winning drive.
At least two B12 teams have lost Mizzou and Tx A&M. Ok, ISU, & Neb have wins.
The mighty SEC is 1 and 2 at this point.
The B East has some losses as well.

It nice to see the service academies are 2 and 0, Navy and Air Force posted wins.

I'm hoping the B10 can pickup some wins tomorrow, to shut some mouths.

How about the Mountain West? They've been taking care of business...4-0 I think? Making statements too...

Yeah Mountain West is 4-0 with only the Fiesta Bowl remaining. Could easily go undefeated this year.

Not only is the Mountain West 4-0, they were underdogs in all 4 games.

Fresno State was favored over Wyoming by 11
Wyoming 35-28 (2OT)

Oregon State was favored over BYU by 3
BYU 44-20

Cal favored over Utah by 3
Utah 23-20

Houston favored over Air Force by 4.5
Air Force 47-20
Very impressive showing by the Mountain West.

My Air Force Falcons sure did take care of business yesterday. There is no doubt in my mind that the MWC deserves an automatic bid to the BCS.

My Air Force Falcons sure did take care of business yesterday. There is no doubt in my mind that the MWC deserves an automatic bid to the BCS.

This year. Lets see a few more sustained seasons first.

I think if you look back over the past several years, you'll see that they have had a few sustained seasons at this level. They may not have had a BCS team each year, but they have been very successful against top-notch teams. Last year they lost one bowl game (AF losing to Houston). Utah beat Alabama in a BCS game. So far, the MWC is undefeated in BCS Bowl games, and will very likely stay that way after the Fiesta this year.

I might agree with you - but the fastest way to a playoff is for the MWC to continue to get screwed over I think so I will stubbornly hold to not wanting them in the BCS :)

Latest posts