No Big 10 scores given in Ames Saturday night

rollhawks

So I went to the ISU/UNI game saturday evening. did some tailgating, but had not heard of any scores from other games. knew the hawks won but was interested in the other big 10 scores as well. find my seat in the stadium and watch the game. for the next 3 1/2 hours, i keep any eye on a small scoreboard in the southwest corner of jake trice stadium, just looking for big 10 scores. the had big 12 scores, they had the lsu/oregon and boise/georgia score. no big 10 scores. zero. zilch. zip. nada. is the bitterness that deep? really? there is more to college football than what happens in ames, iowa. i know this "slight" towards the big 12 doesn't happen at kinnick. grow up isu athletic department and go hawks.

Who cares? I have no desire to see Big XII scores at Kinnick. I don't know why ISU fans would want to see Big Ten scores.

So I went to the ISU/UNI game saturday evening. did some tailgating, but had not heard of any scores from other games. knew the hawks won but was interested in the other big 10 scores as well. find my seat in the stadium and watch the game. for the next 3 1/2 hours, i keep any eye on a small scoreboard in the southwest corner of jake trice stadium, just looking for big 10 scores. the had big 12 scores, they had the lsu/oregon and boise/georgia score. no big 10 scores. zero. zilch. zip. nada. is the bitterness that deep? really? there is more to college football than what happens in ames, iowa. i know this "slight" towards the big 12 doesn't happen at kinnick. grow up isu athletic department and go hawks.

Or maybe it's as simple as: We'll show our conference's scores, as well as big games from anywhere. Somehow, Nebraska/Tenn Chattanooga doesn't seem like a big game.

Perhaps you're the one that needs to "grow up".

Who cares? I have no desire to see Big XII scores at Kinnick. I don't know why ISU fans would want to see Big Ten scores.

I have a desire to see Big 12 scores in Kinnick and I'm sure that at least some ISU fans have a desire to see B10 scores. It's called being a fan of college football in general. Sure the Hawks are my team, but I'm interested in upsets, seeing how a team we may play in the future is doing vs. a team we already played, etc. Not everyone has this stupid, childish hate for the other BCS program in the state. I like to see ISU do well when they're not playing the Hawks or Panthers

To add to my previous post- Yes, cell phones are good for looking up scores, but not everyone has a smart phone. And I would imagine that ISU has a running scoreboard for all of the top 25 games? (or maybe not? idk..) Kind of similar to Kinnick I would imagine? There are plenty of Big 10 teams in the top 25.

I have a desire to see Big 12 scores in Kinnick and I'm sure that at least some ISU fans have a desire to see B10 scores. It's called being a fan of college football in general. Sure the Hawks are my team, but I'm interested in upsets, seeing how a team we may play in the future is doing vs. a team we already played, etc. Not everyone has this stupid, childish hate for the other BCS program in the state. I like to see ISU do well when they're not playing the Hawks or Panthers

That's great.

thanks for the support gohawks. i too am a big fan of college football. i enjoy seeing other scores as well. i have been to many other stadiums but only jack trice seems to block out the big 10 scores. just an observation. hey tm3308...go kick your dog.

They should run trivia questions or episodes of 'Seinfeld' on the scoreboard during games for people who like those things.

That's great.

That's all you have, huh? Way to add some real substance. Guess I shouldn't have expected anything more from you. And "let's put Seinfeld trivia ?'s on the board because people like that too"? Good comparison. You're real bright, obviously.

To add to my previous post- Yes, cell phones are good for looking up scores, but not everyone has a smart phone. And I would imagine that ISU has a running scoreboard for all of the top 25 games? (or maybe not? idk..) Kind of similar to Kinnick I would imagine? There are plenty of Big 10 teams in the top 25.

scoreboards are good for showing scores.

kinnick shows/rotates thru scores on an ongoing basis.

i bet if iowa would have lost to TT that score would have been shown - just a hunch.

thanks for the support gohawks. i too am a big fan of college football. i enjoy seeing other scores as well. i have been to many other stadiums but only jack trice seems to block out the big 10 scores. just an observation. hey tm3308...go kick your dog.

Well it's not hard to imagine that it's as simple as I suggested. You're the one who made it out like it's evidence of some kind of inferiority complex.

"They don't show Big Ten scores, they must hate us!"

They weren't showing SEC (Outside of the two headline games of the week), Pac-12 (Again, outside of the headliner), or ACC scores, either. I guess ISU hates those conferences, too?

It was a childish stance, which isn't good if you're also going to suggest that ISU "grow up".

scoreboards are good for showing scores. kinnick shows/rotates thru scores on an ongoing basis.

Are you trying to take a jab at me here? I'm confused..

What I was trying to point out, is that it's weird that they wouldn't have all of the top 25 scores showing (if they really are just excluding Big 10 scores)

scoreboards are good for showing scores.

kinnick shows/rotates thru scores on an ongoing basis.

i bet if iowa would have lost to TT that score would have been shown - just a hunch.

Sure it would. It would have been a big upset. But when week one games are usually not all that eventful, it's not surprising that there weren't any scores except for Big 12 and the two headline games of the week.

I agree that if TT would've beaten Iowa that the score would've been shown. And the point that I'm trying to make, I guess, is that childish **** like that (and all of the stupid immature posts on here CONSTANTLY) needs to end.

Are you trying to take a jab at me here? I'm confused..

What I was trying to point out, is that it's weird that they wouldn't have all of the top 25 scores showing (if they really are just excluding Big 10 scores)

no. you said phones are good for looking up scores. My rebuttal to you was that scoreboards were good for showing scores. that is it.

scoreboards are good for showing scores. kinnick shows/rotates thru scores on an ongoing basis.i bet if iowa would have lost to TT that score would have been shown - just a hunch.
Sure it would. It would have been a big upset. But when week one games are usually not all that eventful, it's not surprising that there weren't any scores except for Big 12 and the two headline games of the week.

Thanks for the clarification on which scores they were and weren't showing. I assumed it was them showing all the top 25 scores minus any Big 10 games, which would be messed up and definitely show an 'inferiority complex'. I just wish the hate for eachother's programs lasted for just the week in which we play. And then a few days of bragging rights after the game. It's just that some posters on here act like it's their job to hate on ISU and it just gets old. Because if we beat ISU and then they win the rest of their games that helps us out by upping our SOS and thus our BCS standing.

Are you trying to take a jab at me here? I'm confused.. What I was trying to point out, is that it's weird that they wouldn't have all of the top 25 scores showing (if they really are just excluding Big 10 scores)
no. you said phones are good for looking up scores. My rebuttal to you was that scoreboards were good for showing scores. that is it.

Gotcha. I didn't catch your last sentence in that response until later too.

Latest posts