No Basabe Again

stopsubbin

I find it real hard to believe the team will ever win again. Fran has dogged Basabe and Cuddled White. He had his war mups on during second half. Way to go Coaches. Thanks for the run . (

I find it real hard to believe the team will ever win again. Fran has dogged Basabe and Cuddled White. He had his war mups on during second half. Way to go Coaches. Thanks for the run . (

I have been saying this. Fran has done a terrible job keeping Basabe up. Basabe is a guy that needs to be tended to emotionally and not abandoned. When he is playing hard and passionate, then I will show you a good Iowa team. When Basabe gets yanked and sits the rest of the game, you will see this Iowa team. Fran has REALLY mismanaged his players this year. It is really disappointing to see how he has treated Basabe, his very FIRST recruit.

The CORE of the problem is that he wanted to keep guys happy by spreading minutes around and in the end, nobody is happy.

Really is a waste of good talent.

What happened tonight? I walked out of the room...and came back and Hlas tweeted that Basabe is probably done for the night...did Fran/coaches blow up on him?

Hell, Basabe, White, Woody, Gesell, Gabe..... they were all no shows. This team is not a "team" at all. A team that has no chemistry is a sign of personnel problems. I think they might be better next year without Marble....

I think Gesell played hard. Basabe has been brow-beaten for the final time and I think has probably quit mentally. Quite a tragic ending for Fran's stud recruit he brought with him. Hell, wasn't he all-freshman?

Hell, Basabe, White, Woody, Gesell, Gabe..... they were all no shows. This team is not a "team" at all. A team that has no chemistry is a sign of personnel problems. I think they might be better next year without Marble....

I think they may be better next year also, but I'm not convinced the problem is Marble.

It might be better, but I don't think it is Marbles fault. Fran has mismanaged his team... and some important players have checked out.

Woodbury line.

15 minutes, zero points, zero rebounds.

512x.jpg

I don't think Marble is the problem. You know, who is a leader on the team period? Seriously, there is no leadership, the guy that should be forcing the team huddles and sometimes being a cheerleader is Gesell, he is the PG.

Too bad when he shoots terrible, which has be the norm lately, he totally shuts down to everything else. I hate to say it, but look at how Craft from day one was a leader, even when was coming off of the bench.

If it is going to be someone, it has to be MG.

Believe Mel, Gabe, and Woody had a total of 2 inside baskets between them which is unacceptable against a team like NW. Thankfully Marble and Utoff showed up to play tonight but unfortunately they were the only ones. Hawks probably still make the Big Dance but I couldn't blame the selection committee if they didn't select them based on their total collapse the past 3 weeks. At least Hawk fans can't blame this game on poor officiating. Coach Collins had an excellent game plan that his players executed perfectly for the majority of this game. Still hard to believe this is the same team we blew out twice by 26 pts. Talk about "March SADNESS".

If the inside players don't get fed the ball, how are they to make shots? Look at how many times the big players get position, but don't get the ball....

Believe Mel, Gabe, and Woody had a total of 2 inside baskets between them which is unacceptable against a team like NW. Thankfully Marble and Utoff showed up to play tonight but unfortunately they were the only ones. Hawks probably still make the Big Dance but I couldn't blame the selection committee if they didn't select them based on their total collapse the past 3 weeks. At least Hawk fans can't blame this game on poor officiating. Coach Collins had an excellent game plan that his players executed perfectly for the majority of this game. Still hard to believe this is the same team we blew out twice by 26 pts. Talk about "March SADNESS".

I really would like to know if he is in the doghouse, etc, just want to know the chemistry of what the heck is going on.

I cant take Fran anymore, this offense is ridiculouse, we play 3 bigs almost all game and dont feed the post.

The defensive scheme is worse. "Trapping" if you can call it that, all game, and what it really amounts to is players being allowed to chase the ball around make stupid gambles and leave opponents wide open. I thought it would get better with the 4 days off but it got worse.

This team is mentally weak but so is the coaching.

Think we could have done something with 19 offensive rebounds. Seems rather high, but the Hawk Central Box Score mentions this....

Latest posts