No additional charges for OSU

I will be shocked if OSU is allowed to play for the B1G title this year. I had nothing but respect for OSU & Tressel, but now I see we were all duped as he was nothing but a cheat. I'd rather lose and do things the right way than cheat and win. I think fufred will be singing a different tune in August when the punishment is handed down. No way the NCAA simply accepts OSU's self-imposed "punishment". OSU is so hypocritical its mind boggling. 2 days before Tressel quit he still had the full backing of Gee and Smith, then after he quit, he was a "rogue" coach and responsible for all of this. Whatever. O$U = cheaters. End of story.

Despite what most of you think, O$U's self-imposed penalties are reasonable. Here is a very good article by Stewart Mandel of Sports Illustrated. Ohio State's self-imposed penalties could match NCAA ruling - Stewart Mandel - SI.com

Sorry to ruffle all your feathers, but what is good for Ohio State is good for the Big Ten & Iowa. I want Iowa to play in the Big Ten Championship against an unbeaten Ohio State.

To many people want to cut off their noses to spite their faces. It does not help Iowa or the Big Ten for O$U to receive USC type penalties. The Big Ten has to many perception problems as it is.

If Ohio State wins the Leaders Division & is not allowed to play in the Championship Game, it will hurt Iowa & the Big Ten.

Get over it & move on.

Delaney is going to penalize the conferences biggest draw by banning them from the B10 title game? Please, he couldn't be that dumb. If you are outraged at the findings of the NCAA you must think you know the rules better than they do. News flash, you don't.

Newsflash, the NCAA is corrupt.

Despite what most of you think, O$U's self-imposed penalties are reasonable. Here is a very good article by Stewart Mandel of Sports Illustrated. Ohio State's self-imposed penalties could match NCAA ruling - Stewart Mandel - SI.com

Sorry to ruffle all your feathers, but what is good for Ohio State is good for the Big Ten & Iowa. I want Iowa to play in the Big Ten Championship against an unbeaten Ohio State.

To many people want to cut off their noses to spite their faces. It does not help Iowa or the Big Ten for O$U to receive USC type penalties. The Big Ten has to many perception problems as it is.

If Ohio State wins the Leaders Division & is not allowed to play in the Championship Game, it will hurt Iowa & the Big Ten.

Get over it & move on.

They need to lose scholarships at the very least. Nothing has been done that impacts them going forward. I cite the OU example again. They did everything right and still lost scholies. How is this not more egregious?

Delaney is going to penalize the conferences biggest draw by banning them from the B10 title game? Please, he couldn't be that dumb. If you are outraged at the findings of the NCAA you must think you know the rules better than they do. News flash, you don't.

newsflash.jpg

Like it or not, this is good news for the B10. The conference can't afford to have Ohio St take a slide like Michigan has.

losing shollies is not going to put osu to michigans level. michigan is where theyre at probably cause theyre not paying their players enough. it may hurt big ten short term to have ohio receive a penalty, but long term if you dont you gotta think this influences other teams to take greater chances at bending/breaking rules.

i agree, very least ncaa has to make it a little tougher for osus, recruiting effort. there may be no evidence of any one else knowing what was going on but they cant be that naive, they already lied once before.

Get over it & move on.

So......OSU should be able to cheat and not have to worry about any significant consequences? Riiiiiight.

Why don't we start paying our players and recruits if it will help you win and the NCAA won't do anything about it?

Latest posts