No. 12 Michigan Takes Down No. 2 Hawkeyes

Iowa Drops 7 of 10 Matches in Dual Loss in Ann Arbor Friday

There’s problems in Iowa city the young guys are not developing. Are recruiting isn’t what it it should be . Yes I know we have a few good guys coming in but Iowa should be able to reload just like Penn state . And some of are guys are overrated. This has to do with recruiting also We becoming a developing wrestling program just like are football program . Real woods isn’t the same guy as he was last year . I don’t think a lot of young guys want to come here and wrestle for brands . Like I said they should have never let Cael get out of the state of iowa and left brands down south to coach. He’s looney tunes. I say bring in Spencer Lee before the program hit bottom and you can’t dig out were half way there now . Don’t want to here could of should of we go are ass beat embarrassing.

Love to get a coaching job at Iowa it’s almost a lifetime job no worries just get rich .
And stop letting your relatives get the job.Every time you turn around the head coaches have their sons,brothers on the team.I wish the NCAA would put a stop to that.

Well Penn state coming to town what’s you guys thoughts will we show up . Got to wash Michigan down drain and let it go . Move on now.
I think we wrestle better,I'm moving forward from a bad night, we will not get the best of Penn State but I hope we look half way decent.

We should wrestle them, they have a better chance of winning now then 2-4 years from now.Sorry making fun of our development team. Buy look at Gilman leaves goes to Penn State and makes it to the Olympics, and becomes World Champion a year later

We should wrestle them, they have a better chance of winning now then 2-4 years from now.Sorry making fun of our development team. Buy look at Gilman leaves goes to Penn State and makes it to the Olympics, and becomes World Champion a year later
Yep forgot about Gilman

The sky is not falling. Iowa has gutted out several tough wins vs Top 10 teams this year with multiple returning All Americans not even able to wrestle due to the gambling probe. The only other team in the nation which could accomplish that is PSU, and for that reason, I'd say this year has been one of Brands' best coaching jobs. People need to remember Ayala is only a soph. Caliendo is a rising star; Glazier has been one of the nation's surprise stories of the season. Franek has been overrated all season: dude appears to have no offensive moves beyond middle-school level....because of that, anyone ranked in the Top 30 will have a 50/50 chance of beating him at the NCAAs. And frankly, Franek had a real brain freeze last night -- all he had to do for the win was ride his guy for 4 seconds in OT, and then not give up a TD. In other words, at the sound of the whistle, all he needed to do was drop down to the guys legs and hold on until he got the 4-count warning for stalling, let the guy up, and play defense. Instead, the guy escapes in 3 seconds and wins the match by 1 second. That's some dumb, unacceptable shit right there.

The sky is not falling. Iowa has gutted out several tough wins vs Top 10 teams this year with multiple returning All Americans not even able to wrestle due to the gambling probe. The only other team in the nation which could accomplish that is PSU, and for that reason, I'd say this year has been one of Brands' best coaching jobs. People need to remember Ayala is only a soph. Caliendo is a rising star; Glazier has been one of the nation's surprise stories of the season. Franek has been overrated all season: dude appears to have no offensive moves beyond middle-school level....because of that, anyone ranked in the Top 30 will have a 50/50 chance of beating him at the NCAAs. And frankly, Franek had a real brain freeze last night -- all he had to do for the win was ride his guy for 4 seconds in OT, and then not give up a TD. In other words, at the sound of the whistle, all he needed to do was drop down to the guys legs and hold on until he got the 4-count warning for stalling, let the guy up, and play defense. Instead, the guy escapes in 3 seconds and wins the match by 1 second. That's some dumb, unacceptable shit right there.
We will see but something’s been going on for a long time 2010 are last championship? Not sure but it’s been awhile.

Yes. I don't think people are seeing the big picture here. This would be a different squad if not for the gambling fiasco. In spite of that, Brands has been able to piece together a flawed but still very good team. And, yes, this meet was much closer than the score indicates.

A few thoughts:

1. I am as disappointed as anyone with how lackadaisical our wrestlers looked. It was kind of odd to watch and hard to explain. I've always been a big supporter of Tom and Terry, but for coaches that emphasize and preach intensity and aggressiveness as much as they do, it's astonishing how at times their wresters look exactly the opposite. Could their constant drum-beating be causing a paradoxical opposite effect?

2. Our recruiting has been just fine. That said, I do wish that the coaches would cherry pick a little more when it comes to some of the uber blue-chippers. Wrestling recruiting is hard to track and not that transparent, so it's difficult to get a read on it, but I would hope we would have pushed hard for guys like Dean Hamiti, Ridge Lovett, etc. We are seeing more effort there and are throwing in our hat more often, but even more is possible. We have a great product to sell. Of course, with NIL and the portal it's a different world now anyway. Getting and keeping are two different things.

3. This talk of Spencer Lee taking over as coach is laughable. Spencer could indeed be a great coach down the road, but he's far from done and will be a beast at freestyle for the foreseeable future.

I
Yes. I don't think people are seeing the big picture here. This would be a different squad if not for the gambling fiasco. In spite of that, Brands has been able to piece together a flawed but still very good team. And, yes, this meet was much closer than the score indicates.

A few thoughts:

1. I am as disappointed as anyone with how lackadaisical our wrestlers looked. It was kind of odd to watch and hard to explain. I've always been a big supporter of Tom and Terry, but for coaches that emphasize and preach intensity and aggressiveness as much as they do, it's astonishing how at times their wresters look exactly the opposite. Could their constant drum-beating be causing a paradoxical opposite effect?

2. Our recruiting has been just fine. That said, I do wish that the coaches would cherry pick a little more when it comes to some of the uber blue-chippers. Wrestling recruiting is hard to track and not that transparent, so it's difficult to get a read on it, but I would hope we would have pushed hard for guys like Dean Hamiti, Ridge Lovett, etc. We are seeing more effort there and are throwing in our hat more often, but even more is possible. We have a great product to sell. Of course, with NIL and the portal it's a different world now anyway. Getting and keeping are two different things.

3. This talk of Spencer Lee taking over as coach is laughable. Spencer could indeed be a great coach down the road, but he's far from done and will be a beast at freestyle for the foreseeable future.
It was mentioned that Spencer has more wrestling to do .

I don't think Spencer wrestles after the Olympics if he gets there I hope he gets there,he's to banged up.