No. 10 Iowa Looking Forward to Northwestern Challenge

Oh, how I miss the days when playing Northwestern was little more than a scrimmage and a sure win in both basketball and football.

NW is good. Subtract Garza and we’re about even on a neutral court IMO. But it’s in Iowa City and they have no answer for Garza.

Oh, how I miss the days when playing Northwestern was little more than a scrimmage and a sure win in both basketball and football.
Now Michigan State might be that team.

Just kidding, but not completely. Izzo has real issues on that team. None the least of which is scoring is on the upswing around the league and its affecting his ability to play thugball.

Now Michigan State might be that team.

Just kidding, but not completely. Izzo has real issues on that team. None the least of which is scoring is on the upswing around the league and its affecting his ability to play thugball.
It's funny...I was thinking the same thing when MSU got down 15 early. Izzo calls a timeout and you could tell even through his mask he was saying start playing thugball right now. Immediately out of the break Henry just shoves a Minnesota player down low and somehow it's not called. The intensity and grabbing went up...but they couldn't hit the broadside of a barn on the offensive end...and they are not a presence right now in the paint. The refs also started keeping them honest...especially since it continued to be a blowout.

It's amazing how if it's a close game with MSU...the thuggery gets whitewashed as tough defense. In a blowout...it just looks like desperation...aka last night in Minnesota. Izzo tried though.

Latest posts