Nittany Lions forums

MiniMoeHawk

I skimmed through a few of the threads about their expectations for the Iowa game. A common theme that stood out was their weak LB play and that they like to run themselves out of plays against the run. They struggle against the zone blocking and misdirection. They are a little worried if Iowa can put together 12-15 play drives and keep their offense off the field. Most of them expected a close game in the first half with the Lions pulling away late.

Wadley and the youngsters could have a big day and keep this game close.

I'd expect a close game at halftime with PSU pulling away in the second. But if you look how the defense has played in the second half this season, we are much better than the first half. We're going to put together long drives to keep them off the field. Limit the turnovers and we have a shot in this one. Hope we sell more tickets and get Kinnick packed!

I think we have a good chance to play well on offense. We should be able to run the ball. If we get behind too much we have the option to unleash Stanley which is nice. My concern is team speed on defense and tackling. Our LBs might be too slow and our secondary needs to tackle a lot better.

Last edited:
Sounds like the bowl game vs Florida to me. Just in the fact that we will keep it close, hang on in the first half...if we are trading punch for punch...it goes to the wire, if we are harmless on offense and just hanging around, it gets out of hand quickly im the 3rd. We need to win the turnover battle by 2, have at least equal time of possession and find early success. Otherwise...21+ loss

People keep saying we play close and PU pulls away late. . That's not Iowa history. Close games stay close in Kinnick. If Penn State jumps out to a big early lead we play catch up all game and lose big, but if Iowa keeps it close that just pumps up the crowd and puts pressure on Penn State. Last year Michigan literally dissolved in front of the crowd. Our defense just kept getting hungrier.

Iowa is playing at home, they were embarrassed (so much so they had a team meeting then won the rest of their league games), and we have been in tough games already. I expect to see our DL break out and play with emotion.

If you don't believe in redemption look how Ohio State crushed Okie last year.. This year after being reminded of it most likely every day at practice they kicked them in their buckeyes. Don't think Iowa hasn't been doing the same all spring and summer for this game.

Last edited:
The pedo state fans on those forums should bare some of the responsibility for allowing the culture of corruption to continue. Those fans rioted to support that culture rather than demanding that the university change it. For that reading the system that allowed the children to be abused before is still in place. They should not be welcomed to Iowa City on Saturday.

People keep saying we play close and PU pulls away late. . That's not Iowa history. Close games stay close in Kinnick. If Penn State jumps out to a big early lead we play catch up all game and lose big, but if Iowa keeps it close that just pumps up the crowd and puts pressure on Penn State. Last year Michigan literally dissolved in front of the crowd. Our defense just kept getting hungrier.

Iowa is playing at home, they were embarrassed (so much so they had a team meeting then won the rest of their league games), and we have been in tough games already. I expect to see our DL break out and play with emotion.

If you don't believe in redemption look how Ohio State crushed Okie last year.. This year after being reminded of it most likely every day at practice they kicked them in their buckeyes. Don't think Iowa hasn't been doing the same all spring and summer for this game.

That is really true about Iowa. If you don't put Iowa way early, Iowa typically keeps it close to the end. This could be even more the case on Saturday with a night game, with the crowd staying in it the entire time, making it that much harder on Penn St. to pull away.

My head says Penn St. wins this game by 17, my gut says Iowa is out for redemption like Oklahoma was vs OSU, and I wouldn't be shocked if Iowa wins.

The pedo state fans on those forums should bare some of the responsibility for allowing the culture of corruption to continue. Those fans rioted to support that culture rather than demanding that the university change it. For that reading the system that allowed the children to be abused before is still in place. They should not be welcomed to Iowa City on Saturday.
Jesus Christ. Start a different thread, ffs. We all know what happened, can we have a game discussion without the derailing just once?

There's one in every thread about Penn State. If Penn State fan comes on talking about Paterno and the raw deal he got...by all means blast the crap out of him...but can we keep it to football please. Geez...enough already.

If Iowa is able to run the ball with any success it will be a close game with a good chance for a win. Stanley just needs to manage the game which he has shown against weaker competition he is able to do so with a 10/1 ratio. The one pick was a fluke tipped pass. He cleaned up the fumbling issues and seems to be making quick enough decisions. I have a gut feeling Nate is going to finally connect on a deep pass off PA and his confidence will keep the game close until the end.

Guys, it's ClintonNick. Refs, pedo state and whatever other ad hominem sideshow to distract from an on-point discussion based on supported arguments is the nature of his beast. As bad as the ignorant demonstrations and the media misdirections that have perverted all of society.

Are you saying that Iowa itself is morrally deliquent for refusing to cancel the game?

I think Iowa has a 1 in 7 chance to win this game. If Iowa is within a 6 or even ahead at the start of the 4th quarter I think it goes up to 1 in 3. My biggest fear is, PSU pulls off some big plays early and Iowa is out of it by half time. I hope the defense is ready early and stops the big play threat right from the get go. They do that and gets PSU in a grind it out good old fashioned Big Ten knock you on your ass trench warfare game. I like our chances. :)

Iowa just needs to keep it close at halftime and then anything can happen. If Penn State gets up 14+ early then I think 2016 will quickly creep back into everyone's heads...players and fans.

I have felt, from the time of the exposure of these heinous crimes committed those kids with knowledge of "higher -ups," that Penn State should at the very least have been kicked out of the Big 10. The attitude of denial and total lack of remorse - blaming the whistle blower - will always cause me to detest that institution. Of course restoring scholarships, lifting probations and whatever else happened behind the scenes speaks volumes of the B1G's obsession with big money..

I have felt, from the time of the exposure of these heinous crimes committed those kids with knowledge of "higher -ups," that Penn State should at the very least have been kicked out of the Big 10. The attitude of denial and total lack of remorse - blaming the whistle blower - will always cause me to detest that institution. Of course restoring scholarships, lifting probations and whatever else happened behind the scenes speaks volumes of the B1G's obsession with big money..

Even in 2017, I am continually disgusted by the Penn State fans. They still defend the school, they still deny it was anyone but Sandusky, they still maintain that Joe did everything within his power, etc.

The fans have learned NOTHING. The fans were a huge part of the problem at Penn State. The culture they created that enabled Sandusky was that football was king and football mattered more than anything else. You look at the fans today and they still act like they are victims and the NCAA wronged them and that Penn State should have sued the NCAA for going outside its boundaries. Its fucking heinous. They are, yet again, fostering a culture of football first.

Latest posts