NIT

I know this won't be popular, but screw the NIT.

Well.... I agree to an extent. NIT = "so what" but the program is still making progress. Yeah, that is not a popular sentiment right now, but I uncharictaristically (spell check please) am seeing the voice of reason right now, but maybe it's the rum talking.

I just went into the selection show expecting NIT, so that softened the blow somewhat.

I tell you what: If Iowa is in the NIT next year again, I will be hopping PO'ed. But for now, I am trying to take in stride.

If the Hawks win the NIT or even get to NYC, I will take something positive from it all.

It did want that NCAA bid though, dang it.

I know this won't be popular, but screw the NIT.

Disagree, potential for several good challenges for Iowa. Would love a shot at playing Kentucky, Maryland, Virginia or Tennessee in NY, even if it is just the NIT. Several good teams from power conferences are in the NIT because of the committee love affair with smaller schools.

I never paid much attention to the NIT until Alford made us a regular participant for his March situations. I hope to drop the habit again once Coach McCaffery begins getting us back to the big dance starting next year. That said, if Iowa's playing, I'm watching.

Well.... I agree to an extent. NIT = "so what" but the program is still making progress. Yeah, that is not a popular sentiment right now, but I uncharictaristically (spell check please) am seeing the voice of reason right now, but maybe it's the rum talking.

I just went into the selection show expecting NIT, so that softened the blow somewhat.

I tell you what: If Iowa is in the NIT next year again, I will be hopping PO'ed. But for now, I am trying to take in stride.

If the Hawks win the NIT or even get to NYC, I will take something positive from it all.

It did want that NCAA bid though, dang it.
I know all the reasons why we will play in it, I just HATE settling. That's why I'm a Hawkeye, not a clone, bullfrog, or pussycat. And not a damn tavern Hawk, BS and Doc from UI. I hate that blow dried trailer park trash that ruined the program for years. I hope Harvard stomps their ***. I guess he's getting his free hot tub and screwing his assistant there and Tanya's getting her trampy **** for free too.

Good point.
Or working on how to not turn the ball over and how to not end up with desperate flings with 1 second left on the shot clock during the last 5 mins of games. My biggest beef with Fran is that we didn't improve in those situations, and he looks overwhelmed during the collapses at Neb and MSU.

I know all the reasons why we will play in it, I just HATE settling. That's why I'm a Hawkeye, not a clone, bullfrog, or pussycat. And not a damn tavern Hawk, BS and Doc from UI. I hate that blow dried trailer park trash that ruined the program for years. I hope Harvard stomps their ***. I guess he's getting his free hot tub and screwing his assistant there and Tanya's getting her trampy **** for free too.

ISU is dancing for the second straight year. If I would only accept NCAA bids, I'd trade places with ISU in a heartbeat.

The NIT is something that involves a team I have rooting interest, that gives me something to pass the time until baseball starts. So what I'm saying is, make a run so I have something (sports wise) to do.

Latest posts