Nile Kinnick

cuinknk

I was just looking up some information about Nile Kinnick, and realized that today would have been his 92nd birthday.

Nile_kinnick.jpg

Crazy that he could actually still be living. It seems like he should be 200 by now. If he hadn't been killed would it still be Iowa Stadium?

I'm guessing that if Nile had died at any time between then and now, the stadium would still wind up being named after him because he would've probably been governor for a very long time and who knows what else, had he chosen to do so.

I'm guessing that if Nile had died at any time between then and now, the stadium would still wind up being named after him because he would've probably been governor for a very long time and who knows what else, had he chosen to do so.

This^. Teammates from the Ironmen squad were once asked at a reunion: "If he were still alive, would Nile be at these things?" "No, probably not. He'd be too busy with being President." Kinnick goes down as the greatest Heisman winner of all time, period. Not the best player to ever win it, but he represents what the award is all about better than anyone who's ever won it. He was a true student-athlete, and had much higher aspirations than playing football.

Latest posts