CMac to Butler

I should add that the Fever really run a good show. It is hard to imagine how any other WNBA team could top them.

Margaret has wanted out for a long time and she has given a bunch of subtle clues. If ND had offered the job to Fran, the McCaffery family couldn’t have got packed up fast enough to leave.
Will you please stop with this totally unproven claim regarding Margaret. “subtle clues” = Bull Shit.

Elite AAU programs generate a truckload of money. I don't have proof of this, but my educated guess is he isn't doing this as a step down. He's likely been brought in as part ownership and is lined up to make some serious bank. If you saw the amount of cash these parents lay out to put their kids in these leagues you'd poop yourself. They don't just pay for a roster spot, they pay thousands for getting hooked up with showcase leagues, private coaching from the staff, the list goes on and on. Add to that sponsorships, and it doesn't take long to be rolling in it. There's a reason most of these kids come from private schools or Waukee, Ankeny, Johnston, etc. These are some seriously rich kids from the 'burbs in most cases.

In today's world AAU isn't just an opportunity to play higher level basketball, the elite teams are an intermediate making money from parents, scouts, showcase leagues, agents, and big time sponsors by starting all those connections. If Ted and Jeanette have a bunch of disposable income and Coach says little Johnny has a shot at D1, they'll write blank checks essentially. Where AAU programs have the racket is that it's a necessary evil to get noticed by D1 programs. If you don't get on the circuit in high school and get your film out there in major events, it ain't happening. Baseball is the same way with Perfect Game and PBR, volleyball for girls is same thing as AAU basketball. Oliver is gettin PAID.

It's hard to find out much about Iowa United online. All I could find for a toster is Shabazz and a 7 footer, don't remember his name.

What I did find is that Adidas is a sponsor so there is some of your money.