Nightmare to Guard

BigD

Holy shit! He's fun to watch. Glad he's going to the good guys. He could end up being one of the best PG's in college and at Iowa when all is said and done. He produces with pts and assists.

I've been watching Brock's Youtube videos for the last week or so. It will be fun seeing how he stacks up in the Big Ten. Really seems like a great floor general. He can take over when he needs to or allow his teammates to take over the game when they have a mismatch.

On one of the Iowa podcasts, they had him and Owen Freeman along with their AAU coach on there last week. Was really great hearing why they picked Iowa and the types of players they see themselves as. They also talked about Iowa football commit Cannon Leonard who plays with them.

One thing I didn't know until listening to it was that their AAU team went undefeated in July which is crazy to hear.

Watched him in a matchup against a high profile guard, Young I think, and he matched him point for point. Very entertaining. Has a nack for hitting shots in the clutch but is always looking for his teammates. For his height he has no problems taking it to the hole. Guards were really trying to lock down on him but his burst kept them from getting to tight on him. Iowa hasn't had this type guard in maybe ever. Really excited to put him on a team with talent and seeing what he can do, by the way the highly rated Young did a punk move late and got kicked.

I've been watching Brock's Youtube videos for the last week or so. It will be fun seeing how he stacks up in the Big Ten. Really seems like a great floor general. He can take over when he needs to or allow his teammates to take over the game when they have a mismatch.

On one of the Iowa podcasts, they had him and Owen Freeman along with their AAU coach on there last week. Was really great hearing why they picked Iowa and the types of players they see themselves as. They also talked about Iowa football commit Cannon Leonard who plays with them.

One thing I didn't know until listening to it was that their AAU team went undefeated in July which is crazy to hear.
If you can find those podcast and post a link that would awesome!!!

Boy that kid has smooth handles and a very quick release on his shot. Assuming he can play defense against elite competition, the future looks bright.

If you do a search for Hawkeye Report Podcast 468, you should be able to find it. Has some really great stuff in there.

Also came across this news article going over his work ethic. Shows the type of effort he puts into getting better.

(74) 'Harding Work' | Mindset behind rising Moline basketball prospect Brock Harding - YouTube
That was an awesome video, thanks for sharing it. All really successful athletes and people have that drive in them to do what’s necessary to get where they want to be.

He's got a Steve Nash kind of flare to his game. With some athletic hops to go with it. Sounds like he's 6'0 160ish soaked and wet. But maybe in a few yrs he can put some muscle on. Love everything about his game.

If he every learned to shoot, he could have played in the NBA.
Mike's degression was crazy to me. In high school he was a 90%+ free throw shooter. In his later years, you could tell he wanted to be anywhere but the free throw line.

Still a great Hawkeye and competitor. Was exactly the type of point guard we could use right now.

He's got a Steve Nash kind of flare to his game. With some athletic hops to go with it. Sounds like he's 6'0 160ish soaked and wet. But maybe in a few yrs he can put some muscle on. Love everything about his game.
Kids kind of freaky athletic he dunks pretty easily, but ya he needs the muscle to play D. Has a real street game, step back and crossover, add his hang time and jump and he is pretty special for a high school player.

Kids kind of freaky athletic he dunks pretty easily, but ya he needs the muscle to play D. Has a real street game, step back and crossover, add his hang time and jump and he is pretty special for a high school player.
Dean Oliver in HS was pretty dang athletic with a similar handle. But he wasn't the shooter this kid is. It'll be fun watching how his career goes

If he every learned to shoot, he could have played in the NBA.
I remember seeing Mike at a football game when he was being recruited. If he was 6 foot, I'm 5'11 (5'8 actually) very thin as well. Had a toughness to him through on the court.

It feels like it’s been 30 years since we had a PG who would drive it to the hole.

I’d kill for Mike Gesell right now.
Look up some of Dasante Bowens highlights too. He seems to be the complete package of a kid having a handle willing to pass able to drive finish at the rim and shoot outside. Pretty much Frans unicorn. I think Fran was hoping Joe T coulda developed into more of an offensive weapon then he did but like with most of our PGs over the years there's just always something glaring missing.