Nico tweet bout hendy

He should have done that when he had the chance...

Yes, because I'm sure he knew in advance that the coach who he developed a connection with would be leaving. Things changed on him. He liked what he saw initially more than he like Iowa. Nothing wrong with that. Now that it's changed, there's nothing wrong with him leaving to come here.

Honestly, things need to be changed with the way commitments are handled. The way it is now worked when players were actually student-athletes. The rules don't account for the fact that kids now connect with their position coach who recruited them, and likely wouldn't go to that school otherwise.

He should have done that when he had the chance...

You're probably right, any chance of him getting released from his LOI is up to Maryland. If he's truly pist about the DB's coach leaving (and Maryland won't release him), he could go to prep school for a year, or a JUCO. I wonder if you can make a scholarship conditional on suspending your twitter account? I understand that concerns some of you but Iowa still offered him a scholarship and wanted him last week, I'll defer to their judgement.

Now some positive stuff about Hendy.
Bowie High School's Humble Superstar - Bowie, MD Patch
Recruiting Spotlight: Jeremiah Hendy, Bowie [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGYyxupzc34&feature=related]YouTube - Jeremiah Hendy #9 WR / KR / DB / PR Class of 2011 Bowie High School Football[/ame]
Bottom line, the kid can play. The Maryland kids wouldn't care if they didn't know that.

Last edited:
Yes, because I'm sure he knew in advance that the coach who he developed a connection with would be leaving. Things changed on him. He liked what he saw initially more than he like Iowa. Nothing wrong with that. Now that it's changed, there's nothing wrong with him leaving to come here.

Honestly, things need to be changed with the way commitments are handled. The way it is now worked when players were actually student-athletes. The rules don't account for the fact that kids now connect with their position coach who recruited them, and likely wouldn't go to that school otherwise.

Well, considering they had just hired a new head coach, obviously he was committing to a program that was to be undergoing some changes. I just don't buy that you commit based off one individual. I understand building a relationship with an individual, but you have to like the whole product that goes along with it because there is no guarantees in life with anything. No matter how it's perceived he made a commitment to the University, not Don Brown.

My comment wasn't a snide remark or sour grapes. Merely stating a fact.

I will be shocked if Maryland lets him out of his ship

I asked...once again...and was told...once again...that we have 0 ships available...

I was told unless he is willing to pay his way for a year...

I'm not saying I don't want the kid. I wanted him all along. He chose otherwise...

I will be shocked if Maryland lets him out of his ship

I asked...once again...and was told...once again...that we have 0 ships available...

I was told unless he is willing to pay his way for a year...

I'm not saying I don't want the kid. I wanted him all along. He chose otherwise...

pat -

An issue that I see there is that Iowa would likely have made room for Cyrus (they always give themselves that sort of wiggle-room).

As for Maryland not letting him out of his 'ship ... I think that also depends on whether Hendy's high school coach feels that Hendy got terribly wronged or not. If so, considering that recruiting is such a game about relationships ... Edsel is not going to want to pee on the local recruiting market. He simply doesn't have the leverage yet to do something like that.

If the high school coach feels that Hendy shouldn't have committed based on how much he liked a SINGLE member of the coaching staff ... then yeah, Maryland will be able to get off by not letting him off his 'ship.

The interesting question is whether Iowa decides it has room if Hendy pursues things further.

pat -

An issue that I see there is that Iowa would likely have made room for Cyrus (they always give themselves that sort of wiggle-room).

As for Maryland not letting him out of his 'ship ... I think that also depends on whether Hendy's high school coach feels that Hendy got terribly wronged or not. If so, considering that recruiting is such a game about relationships ... Edsel is not going to want to pee on the local recruiting market. He simply doesn't have the leverage yet to do something like that.

If the high school coach feels that Hendy shouldn't have committed based on how much he liked a SINGLE member of the coaching staff ... then yeah, Maryland will be able to get off by not letting him off his 'ship.

The interesting question is whether Iowa decides it has room if Hendy pursues things further.

I agree with your overall sentiment Homer. Although Iowa was pretty confident all along they stood little chance with Cyrus like I told you in that message, so that argument is tough to say...

If we are full like I guess we are, I don't see Kirk going back on his words to any ships he has handed out to new recruits, former walk-ons, etc. Hendy could come with the assumption of being next in-line so to speak, should someone leave, screw up or whatever to free a ship. (which is likely) I'm going to wait for him to actually decide to try and get out of it before getting too worked up about anything...

I agree with your overall sentiment Homer. Although Iowa was pretty confident all along they stood little chance with Cyrus like I told you in that message, so that argument is tough to say...

If we are full like I guess we are, I don't see Kirk going back on his words to any ships he has handed out to new recruits, former walk-ons, etc. Hendy could come with the assumption of being next in-line so to speak, should someone leave, screw up or whatever to free a ship. (which is likely) I'm going to wait for him to actually decide to try and get out of it before getting too worked up about anything...

It's looking more and more to be a moot point anyhow.

Hendy is about to be newsworthy again.....

Hendy tweets from today:

To Iowa follower asking about his status...
"I will let u kno later on today...b on the lookout around 7"

To Nicholas Law....
"aye I'm one step away bruh...**** bouta go dwn"

To Iowa follower asking how things were going...
"couple complications right now...somethings have to shake out...but the loi isn't the issue"

Homer/ohters - if you had to put a % to odds of Hendy being a hawk what would it be -

My uneducated guess would be about 10% - Is that in the right ball park?

Yes, it is time to start thinking about baseball. Pitchers and catchers reported today or tomorrow right? I see you're getting prepared.

I'm a Cubs fan, Herkynerd...all I need to prepare for the season is a false sense of hope...and a case of Old Style...:(

After reading tweets from Hendy and all the issues that Iowa ran into towards the end of this season, I really hope Iowa thinks long and hard about him if indeed he wants to commit to the Hawks if he is let out of his current commitment. He might have all the talent in the world and hope he does well in what ever team he plays for but my opinion would be for Kirk to say thanks but no thanks and stick with the guys he has.

After reading tweets from Hendy and all the issues that Iowa ran into towards the end of this season, I really hope Iowa thinks long and hard about him if indeed he wants to commit to the Hawks if he is let out of his current commitment. He might have all the talent in the world and hope he does well in what ever team he plays for but my opinion would be for Kirk to say thanks but no thanks and stick with the guys he has.

Running away from a talented kid because the guy likes to have sex with girls on the rag is not going to get us a big 10 title.

You really think that it will be that high?

Concerning the view about the number of available 'ships ... by my count, it all depends on the number of 'ships that we have out (or are giving out) to walk-ons or former walk-ons. Beside that ... there's also the issue that the Big10 restricts how many commits you can have as they relate to the number of outgoing players you have.

IMO KF rarely is without some cards to play. He likes to keep rewards available for the WO's if at all possible. So its likely he could make room but I'm going to guess that the content of Hendy's tweets have reached KF and I'd be reall surprised if he wasn't very tough on Hendy about what is acceptable and what is not.
It is normal for people to want respect from their peers and to be important etc. but as Ray Hamilton said in his interview talk is just talk actions are the proof.
Young Mr Hendy will need to be 110% sure he wants to be in IC and convince KF of that as a fact. He will need to understand he can communicate his *** off with his teammates and "communicate" with the opposition on the field.

Latest posts