Nick Saban and Rat Poison

ChosenChildren

Saban refers to outside praise of his football team as "rat poison." Basically, it can really hurt a team after a big win and before the next game.

Our Iowa basketball team has received a ton of praise the past 3 days. I hope they can clear their heads and just focus on Richmond. The Big Ten Title is in the rear view mirror now. Hard to do!!

I agree and was thinking about all the kudos they've been getting. This tournament is such a wild card you just never know how games are going to go. I think this team has the right character and work ethic to cut through the outside noise but we won't know for sure until the lights come on.

I actually view the Big Dance as nothing but opportunity for these kids. They already accomplished something no Iowa team has done in 16 years: win a Big Ten championship.

Just play hard and loose and see what happens. I think one thing that is clearly different than last year is the fact that this team is more athletic and has a deeper bench. We seem to wear teams down in the second half with our running style.

It certainly is some uncharted territory anyway that's for sure. These guys seem unflappable though. The Murrays and JBo are made of Teflon

Latest posts