Nick Brooks Backs Off Iowa Pledge

Prime will be fired or in the nfl in 2 years, but he won’t be at Colorado.
Well then it's fired then because he's just recently said the NFL isn't a job he wants and I can see that. His schtick wouldn't play in the NFL with grown men at all. He's a college guy and he's self aware of it. Can he stick at Colorado and do well? We'll see. Honestly with how pitifully bad they were last yr I think he's done great so far. People have such unrealistic expectations all the time. It took KF how 3 yrs to get Iowa to be respectable and Iowa wasn't as bad as they were when he took over. Not apples to apples either I know but point being folks that like to slap overarching judgments down on a guy 3/4ths into a season is kinda wild.

Well then it's fired then because he's just recently said the NFL isn't a job he wants and I can see that. His schtick wouldn't play in the NFL with grown men at all. He's a college guy and he's self aware of it. Can he stick at Colorado and do well? We'll see. Honestly with how pitifully bad they were last yr I think he's done great so far. People have such unrealistic expectations all the time. It took KF how 3 yrs to get Iowa to be respectable and Iowa wasn't as bad as they were when he took over. Not apples to apples either I know but point being folks that like to slap overarching judgments down on a guy 3/4ths into a season is kinda wild.
I think your right, but there's certain personalities that absolutely bring it upon themselves as well. When you pull the crap that he did week 1 with the "do you believe now" press conference it rubs a lot of people the wrong way because at that point he won 1 game and other then winning that 1 game had accomplished absolutely nothing at Colorado.

So it's not so much of slapping him with "overarching judgements", but rather an arrogant coach rubbing fans the wrong way and people wanting to see him fail, because he needs to be humbled. Sure his ego could be what people love about him and I respect that, but for every person that buys into his approach there's most likely going to be someone that thinks its way to over the top and put off by it.

Edit: I'll add that love him or hate him he's good for the sport because it generates viewers. And as they say whether good or bad opinions of him he's generating a ton of buzz for Colorado football that wouldn't have been there if he didn't take the position.

I think your right, but there's certain personalities that absolutely bring it upon themselves as well. When you pull the crap that he did week 1 with the "do you believe now" press conference it rubs a lot of people the wrong way because at that point he won 1 game and other then winning that 1 game had accomplished absolutely nothing at Colorado.

So it's not so much of slapping him with "overarching judgements", but rather an arrogant coach rubbing fans the wrong way and people wanting to see him fail, because he needs to be humbled. Sure his ego could be what people love about him and I respect that, but for every person that buys into his approach there's most likely going to be someone that thinks its way to over the top and put off by it.

Edit: I'll add that love him or hate him he's good for the sport because it generates viewers. And as they say whether good or bad opinions of him he's generating a ton of buzz for Colorado football that wouldn't have been there if he didn't take the position.
I get what you're saying about opinions on the how he conducts himself part. That's a polarizing thing obviously. I try to separate that part from the bottom line part of success on the field. Ignoring all the pomp and circumstances of what he's about I was just looking at the what he's trying to get done part. It's wildly hard to do in one yr. We haven't seen a program gut themselves and a roster so drastically get changed in an off season before. At least in such a high profile way. They aren't going to end up bowling this yr and it woulda been surprising had they did.

What they end up doing the next couple yrs (if he sticks around) will be extremely interesting when you factor in all the conference realignments and playoffs and everything else.

Latest posts