Nicholas Baer Awarded Scholarship

Nick deserves it with his hard work ethic and the energy he brings to the court. The fact that he finds a way to be in the middle of things reminds of a former Iowa player named Kevin Boyle. Those who are old enough to remember Kevin know that's quite a compliment. Nick's outside shot is a little better than Kevin's though.

After this year's hot garbage, burnt turd of a year there are going to be a few difference-makers saying to themselves "I'm glad I didn't go there."

You could contend that the last 4-5 weeks of the season was extremely dissappointing, but the season, as a whole, was at the very minimum, pretty decent if not good, with moments of great.

But perspective is relative.

No, it means Baer earned a scholarship.

this.

Given Baer's contribution this past season ... I don't want to be a fan of a program that WOULDN'T provide him the scholarship he clearly earned.

The Walk-on making good is a tradition at this university. I'm glad it's going to continue.

After this year's hot garbage, burnt turd of a year there are going to be a few difference-makers saying to themselves "I'm glad I didn't go there."
Or perhaps they would have said, "If I was there, I could have helped them avoid that slide.", because that's how difference-makers think.

Latest posts