Nice Stanzi write up

I thought talk had been that he looked good in the senior bowl and was decent at the combine. this is the first I have seen him desribed this way.

While I like his suggestion that Ricky could be an NFL star in the rough, the writer seems to cherry pick only the harshest assessments of his Senior Bowl and combine performances. Some others were more kind or quite positive.

I thought talk had been that he looked good in the senior bowl and was decent at the combine. this is the first I have seen him desribed this way.

IIRC, he looked alright in practices compared to the other QB's (as far as his throws/footwork/etc. goes). That said, this year's QB class is pretty weak, especially in those areas. So he might look okay in most years, but this year he's among the best in those areas. Which doesn't mean he'll be a star, it just means he's among the best in a seemingly weak QB class.

But, his leadership skills were what got A LOT of praise during that week. It sounded like he was the only one who could instantly demand and receive the respect of players he had never played with/against before. That's a very important thing for a QB, being able to command a huddle like that, and make it effortless.

3rd rd. to the Chiefs for the following reasons:

1) KF relationship with Scott Pioli
2) Just hired the ideal QB coach in Jim Zorn
3) can compete with Palko/Croyle for a roster spot
4) solid short term vet in front of him to sit and learn
5) ideal situation for Stanzi to make a roster and have success

I'm crossing my fingers..

Not to mention the fact that his favorite safety blanket, Tony Mo, also plays for KC.

I have said this for the last couple years, get Stanzi a true QB coach and he can become a good QB for the NFL. He has the leadership, he has the mechanicals and skills. He just needs some fine tuning, that only a true QB coach can give him. Iowa does not have one.

Reality check.

Ricky Stanzi is the 8th best QB prospect in the draft by almost EVERY scouting service. He is neither rising nor falling. He is projected as high as the 3rd (highly unlikely) and as low as the 5th (probably lower).

These guys can write all they want and use whatever statistical formula they want to create to try and prove their point but if watch him he has poor accuracy and he makes really dumb mistakes.

Reality check.

Ricky Stanzi is the 8th best QB prospect in the draft by almost EVERY scouting service. He is neither rising nor falling. He is projected as high as the 3rd (highly unlikely) and as low as the 5th (probably lower).

These guys can write all they want and use whatever statistical formula they want to create to try and prove their point but if watch him he has poor accuracy and he makes really dumb mistakes.

We get it, you think Stanzi will fail. So why don't you stay in your corner and just keep your mouth shut, and let all of us fools writhe in agony when you turn out to be right?

I myself am hoping he gets to go to NE. I am not a fan of the Pats but I think he is coming out very similar to Brady and could learn a lot from him and turn into a solid QB and maybe even a starter after a few years. I like to see the comparisons to Brady though I don't think he will become the next Tom Brady. It is nice for a change that Iowa may be producing Pro QBs to go with all the other positions that they already have a solid reputation for developing. Then you look at JVB, Weinke, Rudock and it looks like more pro-looking type QBs to come.

People can say what they want about QBs that they like or don't but pro sports are a different animal. The amount of time these guys put into their craft is well over 3 times the amount of time a college kid can put in. That is why players with supposed inferior abilities all of a sudden develop into talents like a Brady or Brees. I feel like Stanzi is from a similar make-up but only time will tell who is right or wrong in that respect. In college it a lot of times comes down to better talent...in the pros it becomes a little more about how prepared you are for your opponent as the skills of the players have less difference between them with the amount of time these people put in to perfect their craft. And that is why players with extreme talent and little work ethic (Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, etc) struggle where as others excel.

Good lord, what did he ever do to you? While there are services that have him in the fifth round or lower, there are others that have him as high as the 2nd or 3rd. The fact is after you get past the first rounders it is a crap shoot as to the propsects for the others and the order they will be drafted in. They all have some strengths and some serious flaws as does every mid to late rounder at every position. Why the vitriol toward Stanzi is beyond me.

Peter King in Monday Morning QB mentions him today as one that his NFL scouting friends are taking notice of. He also is going to write about Adrian Clayborn having some childhood illness that could impact his draft position. Anyone know anything about this?

Peter King in Monday Morning QB mentions him today as one that his NFL scouting friends are taking notice of. He also is going to write about Adrian Clayborn having some childhood illness that could impact his draft position. Anyone know anything about this?

It's the same palsy (I don't remember which one it was) that's been discussed for a couple years now (in re: Clayborn). It's not news, it's just classic over-analyzing.

Latest posts