Nice read by Rittenberg

Geesh if our defensive line didn't do anything good last year vs ISU... Whew this could be a nightmare for ISU's o-line. I mean I know our D line is light years better than the game they played last year. But I didn't think it was THAT bad. Can't wait to see how crazy they come out vs ISU's o-line!

Iowa defensive line gets down to business - Big Ten Blog - ESPN

You realize that the ISU O line has not had much turnover either, right? I somehow don't think that an AC that got pushed around by Kelechi Osemele last year will be so much better at not getting pushed around this year. Hayworth Hicks was the starting guard last year going into the fall before academics disqualified him. He is the starting guard this year. Brayden Burris and Kelechi Osemele are back. Lamaak has moved from guard to center, and Alvarez is starting now, but this line will not be a push over. Sorry, AC may be very good, but he doesn't strike me as a guy who revs up his engine a whole lot before a game.

. Sorry, AC may be very good, but he doesn't strike me as a guy who revs up his engine a whole lot before a game.

First off, just ask the cab driver if AC's engine get's "rev'd up." I don't think AC lacks anything as far as motivation goes.

Secondly, the article was a great read!

You realize that the ISU O line has not had much turnover either, right? I somehow don't think that an AC that got pushed around by Kelechi Osemele last year will be so much better at not getting pushed around this year. Hayworth Hicks was the starting guard last year going into the fall before academics disqualified him. He is the starting guard this year. Brayden Burris and Kelechi Osemele are back. Lamaak has moved from guard to center, and Alvarez is starting now, but this line will not be a push over. Sorry, AC may be very good, but he doesn't strike me as a guy who revs up his engine a whole lot before a game.

Keep telling yourself that. The nightmare will be over soon kiddo.

I think Iowa's defensive line got better over the course of last season. Did they get "more" better than ISU's offensive line, I sure hope so! They will be improved from last year, it will be fun to see if lightning can strike twice or if Iowa's defensive line can get penetration and disrupt the ISU offense. As an Iowa fan, I am confident that our defensive line will do better this year. Go Hawks!

ISU's O-line is pretty darn good, but I don't think they'll be able to dominate in any sort of fashion. No way will they be able to get to second level against Iowa. Double team any one player at your own peril.

You can't be serious! Let me know if you feel the same way about 6 o'clock on saturday.

I don't think the ISU OL without Stephens and Haughton is any better than the Ohio St and Wisconsin OLs they faced in 2009.

Are you serious? Did you see the first possession against PSU in '08? That is just one that I can think of, Clark was sacked I think on three straight plays! One by AC. Come on dude, that is oneguy you do not have to worry. They set the tone every game....

Latest posts