Nice Play Call

LG210

The TD pass in OT was a really nice play call. Nothing more. I just re-watched it and it was a great call.

Also a great play by the QB, though many may disagree with me. He made the right read, and with guys right in his face, he put the ball where it needed to be.

Also a great play by the QB, though many may disagree with me. He made the right read, and with guys right in his face, he put the ball where it needed to be.

In the post game interview, Ruddock said he recognized the zero coverage (due to safety blitz) and knew he had man coverage. He said he threw it to where CJF was gonna be. The ball was tossed before CJF even went into his break.

It was a great play, hands down.

In the post game interview, Ruddock said he recognized the zero coverage (due to safety blitz) and knew he had man coverage. He said he threw it to where CJF was gonna be. The ball was tossed before CJF even went into his break.

It was a great play, hands down.

And, on the radio interview with Dolph and Eddie after the game, CJ mentioned they practiced that precise play during the week. Good preparation.

Anybody who disagrees that Riddick chronicled a great play is a drooling moron.

Just watched the post game interviews and Rudock's teammates would disagree with those who didn't think Rudock made a heady play there on the goal line. If Rudock hadn't earned the respect of his teammates prior to Saturday, he has now.

And, on the radio interview with Dolph and Eddie after the game, CJ mentioned they practiced that precise play during the week. Good preparation.

That's great to hear! It sounds like they do have specific plays and practice these plays to exploit the mismatch of CjF. I hope to see plenty more of it!

That's great to hear! It sounds like they do have specific plays and practice these plays to exploit the mismatch of CjF. I hope to see plenty more of it!

Yep, and that's why Jake knew exactly where to throw the ball. There was no luck on that play.

Exactly! You actually heard people talk it down?? The second he threw it I started swearing - shoulders turned, blitz in his face, no way it was gonna be caught. Boom. Kudos.

There was a thread Saturday or Sunday where several people thought there was a lot of luck involved. Someone actually said they could throw it to a 6 foot 7 tight end.
I believe the thread was rightfully deleted. There were several head scratching comments.

There was a thread Saturday or Sunday where several people thought there was a lot of luck involved. Someone actually said they could throw it to a 6 foot 7 tight end.

Maybe Peyton Manning is a reader of Hawkeyenation.com.

I believe the thread was rightfully deleted. There were several head scratching comments.

The pass was perfect. The play call was legit. CJ ran a good route. That is how you win games.

Great call, great execution by Jake and CJ. As he said, practicing that type of play repeatedly during the week can make all the difference.....Jake knew where and how hard to throw without even looking. Where the execution was not great was in the line and backfield. NW brought 8 guys and Boffelli went outside to block, leaving a huge hole for 2 NW defenders to run thru...and the rb, think it was Bullock, moved far to the right where both Van Sloten and Boffelli had moved, and did not block anyone....leaving a free run for those two guys coming at Jake....Jake and Iowa are incredibly lucky to be able to finish that play successfully...not luck, when you practice the throw , but luck when you blow protection of QB and he still gets the TD....Work in progress.

He threw that pass in the face of a rush well before CJFED made his cut, he had to put air under it too to allow him to catch up with it. Many qbs would have been sacked. It was a very very nice play for his awareness and the pass was remarkable. Very impressed by this play by him

Latest posts