Niang or Uthoff????

Golden

Who would Hoiberg pick in the upcoming NBA draft if both are available? Utoff or Niang?

Probably, it's up the GM in Chicago to pick but if Fred had his choice it'd be Niang. But there may be better guys available than either of them by the time they pick in the 2nd round, if they have a pick in the 2nd round.

Probably, it's up the GM in Chicago to pick but if Fred had his choice it'd be Niang. But there may be better guys available than either of them by the time they pick in the 2nd round, if they have a pick in the 2nd round.

The Bulls have the 48th pick so I think Jarrod will be off the board by then

Hoiberg isn't a dummy, no way he takes Niang over Uthoff. NBA and college are two different beasts, and Niang simply doesn't have the skillet to play PF or SF in the NBA.

Hoiberg isn't a dummy, no way he takes Niang over Uthoff. NBA and college are two different beasts, and Niang simply doesn't have the skillet to play PF or SF in the NBA.

It is not so much skill set it is that he lacks athleticism. Now more than ever you have to guard people in space. Switches on pick and roll he will get smoked repeatedly.

Last edited:
It is not so much skill set it is that he lacks athleticism. Now more than ever you have you have to guard people in space. Switches on pick and roll he will get smoked repeatedly.

That is what I mean really. Some want to say he can be a Draymond Green type, but Niang simply doesn't play D. He will get smoked by quicker players, and can't bang with bigger players. Niang has always just worried about the offensive end of the court, and that won't cut in in the NBA.

That is what I mean really. Some want to say he can be a Draymond Green type, but Niang simply doesn't play D. He will get smoked by quicker players, and can't bang with bigger players. Niang has always just worried about the offensive end of the court, and that won't cut in in the NBA.

Which is a bad comparison considering Green is so much more athletic than Niang. Jarrod can guard the 3 for sure, the 4 is his question mark. Niang can't guard either

Niang was a good to very good college player, but that shows the difference between college and the pros. A lot of people knock the Iowa recruiting, but you can't get a potential all pro player every time when your recruiting someone. There are going to be a lot of gifted college players that will never make the NBA. Fran saw the potential when he recruited NIang out of high school whether he was a gifted athlete or not. Iowa appears to have a lot of guys on their roster now that physically have the potential to make the NBA. It will be interesting if Uthoff will make it. It doesn't sound like Niang will because of his athletic limitations, but he is pretty high in everything else.

The NBA scouting reports must be killing cyfans. Of course cyfans were accurate about how the league goofed on not drafting clown players.

Niang should have a very good career in Europe, but the NBA is obsessed with athleticism and "upside" and Niang has neither. He's also kind of slow and is a poor defender. He has a fantastic offensive game, but I think he would struggle against quality NBA defenders. Europe should be a perfect situation for him, and honestly, if I'm him I'd rather play in Europe and get to travel all over than end up in Detroit (as one example).

If I were Niang I would put all my eggs in one basket and concentrate on being a lights out shooter. A guy who hangs around the 3 pt. line strokin 3(s). He can do the pick and pop stuff, play 10-12 mins. a game, it will not lead to a hof career, but he could stretch that out to a 10-12 year NBA career. Imo, that is his only shot. The odds are limited even if he becomes a lights out shooter to make a roster because he gives you absolutely nothing on the defensive end.

Here's one unbiased cyfan's take on the situation.

Re: Georges Niang: First Pro Workout With Chicago Bulls
I really don't know if George will get drafted or not but it would be a shame if he doesn't. I don't watch that much NBA but they really draft on some screwed up criteria. I think he could be a really good role player for 4-5 years but you just never know when they'd rather draft guys like Skal or completely unknown foreign guys. It does hurt George that the defense has become so much better / more important in the past few years. I still think he can score or draw a double team against just about anyone and that has value.

Niang is going to draw double teams? Right.

"guys like Skal" LOL he was only one of the best high school recruits in the country. Yes, he sucked ass at Kentucky this season, but that doesn't change the talent.

Niang going #50. Looking like JU could go undrafted. The NBA draft is such a crapshoot anyway, could you imagine being an American player and watching these scrub foreign guys get picked in front of you?