NFL Playoffs - Wild Card Weekend

Interesting... I forgot KC lost the exact same way to NE a few years back in a slightly bigger game. But lets play the poor Buffalo card and act like the Chiefs fans have only been on the winning side of the OT.
Not playing any cards here, you've got what they call recency bias. You are fine with it now that it worked in the Chiefs favor. I'm neither a Bills fan or a Chiefs fan, just a fan that hated to see the game won on a coin flip. I felt the same way in 2019, that game was fun to watch and I would have loved to have seen Mahomes get another shot. Playoff games should not be won or lost on an OT coin flip.

Not playing any cards here, you've got what they call recency bias. You are fine with it now that it worked in the Chiefs favor. I'm neither a Bills fan or a Chiefs fan, just a fan that hated to see the game won on a coin flip. I felt the same way in 2019, that game was fun to watch and I would have loved to have seen Mahomes get another shot. Playoff games should not be won or lost on an OT coin flip.

I don't see it as recency bias. I see it as an OT loss in both circumstances. Does the rule suck, maybe, but they have all of regulation to get it done. And I was disappointed when it cost the Chiefs a trip to the Super Bowl, but wasn't complaining the rules need to be changed. I don't like the rule, but what's the alternative? Honestly I'd rather see an OT similar to what is done in college, but I don't understand where you draw the line? We hate games ending on an OT field goal, then it becomes the other team needs a an opportunity to get on the field so lets change things and say if the team that starts with the ball will get it back in the event they do kick a field goal on the opening drive. At what point does it end? It's almost as if what happens in regulation no longer matters, what's next? Play an an extra half?

As I said in the other post, I think the way it is done now is far from perfect, but at the same time the outcome is determined during the course of play. It's not like a soccer match going to penalty kicks or a hockey game going to a shoot out.

Lol look at you with the big responses. What's the answer then?

I don't know but I will say I only want this changed for playoffs as there is too much extra injury risks for regular season games. The idea I liked the best was each team getting the ball at the 50 yard line, they keep going until a winner can be decided.

I don't know but I will say I only want this changed for playoffs as there is too much extra injury risks for regular season games. The idea I liked the best was each team getting the ball at the 50 yard line, they keep going until a winner can be decided.
Didn't mean to come off as an ass. Your logic makes sense. I just don't know what the answer is. Play the game out longer the winning team gets more beat up and may find themselves going into the next round at a disadvantage. And I totally get the coin toss argument I just don't see any other alternatives. The coin toss argument I can understand, because it's based on logic. What I can't understand is the argument that both offenses SHOULD get the ball, IMO they'd gone back and fourth the last 60 minutes and had multiple opportunities to get it done in regulation but then all of a sudden they're cheated if they don't get the ball in OT. It just doesn't make sense to me.