NFL Playoffs - Wild Card Weekend

Brady is awesome. Brady probably the best to ever do it. However, if I see one more team meltdown in a playoff spot when they are up against him my head will explode.

Last edited:
That game was a blast to watch. I have a question for y'all. Do you think Aaron Donald is the GOAT DT? I've loved watching him play for most of his career and I think he is.

I've thought about this more than once. Others I've thought of are Joe Greene, Bob Lilly, Merlin Olson, Randy White, John Randle, Alan Page, Warren Sapp. I've watched and read about a lot of older guys, but didn't see them all. I would personally go with Donald.

I've been a Rams fan since the 60s...thought their helmets were cool, QB was Roman Gabriel, and loved the "fearsome foursome" label. Always hated the Vikings since they had the Rams' number.

Of course the Kurt Warner/Dick Vermeil story was cool.

Glad they won today. Still love the helmets.

I've been a Rams fan since the 60s...thought their helmets were cool, QB was Roman Gabriel, and loved the "fearsome foursome" label. Always hated the Vikings since they had the Rams' number.

Of course the Kurt Warner/Dick Vermeil story was cool.

Glad they won today. Still love the helmets.
Just went to that movie. It was OK, it checked the boxes. The woman who played Brenda Warner is hotter than the real life Brenda who is no slouch herself.

That game was a blast to watch. I have a question for y'all. Do you think Aaron Donald is the GOAT DT? I've loved watching him play for most of his career and I think he is.

I've thought about this more than once. Others I've thought of are Joe Greene, Bob Lilly, Merlin Olson, Randy White, John Randle, Alan Page, Warren Sapp. I've watched and read about a lot of older guys, but didn't see them all. I would personally go with Donald.
He's the GOAT for this era for sure. Page, for his time, along with the other Purple People Eaters were in a class by themselves.

Wasn't really cheering for either, but what a shitty rule. Allen vs. Mahomes all day. Franchise players. Back and forth all day, 4 scores in last 2 minutes, but only one of them gets the ball in OT. Game shouldn't come down to a coin toss.

Just went to that movie. It was OK, it checked the boxes. The woman who played Brenda Warner is hotter than the real life Brenda who is no slouch herself.

Kurt Warner story is amazing. The commercial/trailer to that movie looked super corny so I didn’t really have an interest. Glad it checked all the boxes for you.

Wasn't really cheering for either, but what a shitty rule. Allen vs. Mahomes all day. Franchise players. Back and forth all day, 4 scores in last 2 minutes, but only one of them gets the ball in OT. Game shouldn't come down to a coin toss.

NFL playoff OT rules were total sudden death for many years. It still is for a first drive TD but after that at least each team gets a possession so you dont end up getting beat on the first possession by a 55 yard fg after a measly 30 yard drive.

The loser of that bills chiefs game only needs to look at their poor defense the last half. The chiefs were down two defensive backfield guys and their backend just fell apart. Buffalo played the shittiest prevent defense ever the last 25 seconds of regulation.

I figured some dumb shit on here would have a wrong opinion with this game. I wasn't disappointed. Imagine believing the fucking coin toss determined that game.....Are you that daft?

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE
1. Don't let the opponent go the entire field to tie the game in 13 seconds.
2. Don't let the opponent go the entire field to score a TD in OT

Are you one of the idiots who think the pros should get the ball at the 25 yard line in OT too? Because that is 1000% a dumb F idea.

Last edited:
NFL playoff OT rules were total sudden death for many years. It still is for a first drive TD but after that at least each team gets a possession so you dont end up getting beat on the first possession by a 55 yard fg after a measly 30 yard drive.

The loser of that bills chiefs game only needs to look at their poor defense the last half. The chiefs were down two defensive backfield guys and their backend just fell apart. Buffalo played the shittiest prevent defense ever the last 25 seconds of regulation.
My biggest issue is that the odds are that whichever team won the toss had a huge advantage because of the tired defenses. They were at an even greater advantage than they were earlier in the game. Both teams were definitely playing shitty defense, especially late in the game. My problem is that only one team got the chance to score. As the referee said at the coin toss "it's a new game"....not really.

I'm not just saying that Allen should have had the chance, but I feel like ANY team should get a chance to have their offense on the team. This gives both offenses and both defenses that chance to decide which team is truly the best.

Having said that, you are absolutely correct about Buffalo's prevent defense and they should probably be punished (with the loss) for it.

All this "you have to give both QBs a chance in OT" crap is making me wanna pull my hair out. They just played 60 f'ing minutes and both teams had the ball many times. Buffalo had the game won at the end, but their garbage defense blew it. But, yeah, Allen totally deserves another chance to bail out the D. And then, let's say Buffalo goes down and scores another tying TD. Then what? KC gets another chance to score. Let's say they do. Then, by the same f'ing logic, you just HAVE to give Allen another chance. Then, KC, then Buffalo, then KC, then Buffalo. The game has to end. You had 60 minutes to win and you couldn't. Then you had another chance in OT to stop the opponent and you couldn't. You had more than enough chances. Game over.

I figured some dumb shit on here would have a wrong opinion with this game. I wasn't disappointed. Imagine believing the fucking coin toss determined that game.....Are you that daft?

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE
1. Don't let the opponent go the entire field to tie the game in 13 seconds.
2. Don't let the opponent go the entire field to score a TD in OT

Are you one of the idiots who think the pros should get the ball at the 25 yard line in OT too? Because that is 1000% a dumb F idea.
Despite what you said throughout most of your post, I totally agree with you on your points with regards to football. My argument is against the system and not just this game. I absolutely don't think the teams should start on the 25. I wish college would just play the game as well, especially the new 2-point conversion rule. I feel like both offenses and both defenses should have the chance to decide the game.

As for the end of the game, giving up ~50 yards in 13 seconds is criminal and it should cost them the game. Both teams played shitty defense in the last 2 minutes, but those last 13 seconds took shitty to a new level of shittiness. Both defenses were tired, banged up, and frankly, not very good. The coin toss decided which team had to put their tired, shitty defense on the field against an offense that was rolling. Also, after the coin toss, the metrics gave KC a 92% likelihood of winning the game.

I agree that Buffalo lost the game more than KC winning it. My argument has always been against this system. Trying to prove who has the best overall team would have each teams offense and defense on the field.

All this "you have to give both QBs a chance in OT" crap is making me wanna pull my hair out. They just played 60 f'ing minutes and both teams had the ball many times. Buffalo had the game won at the end, but their garbage defense blew it. But, yeah, Allen totally deserves another chance to bail out the D. And then, let's say Buffalo goes down and scores another tying TD. Then what? KC gets another chance to score. Let's say they do. Then, by the same f'ing logic, you just HAVE to give Allen another chance. Then, KC, then Buffalo, then KC, then Buffalo. The game has to end. You had 60 minutes to win and you couldn't. Then you had another chance in OT to stop the opponent and you couldn't. You had more than enough chances. Game over.
I think the biggest problem a lot of people have is that the first 60 minutes didn't help decide who was the best team. Imagine sudden death in a basketball overtime or baseball not having a bottom of the 10th if the first team scored. You had 4 quarters/9 innings...sorry. The NFL admitted that both teams deserve a shot when they changed the rule to state that the second team gets it if the first team makes a FG.

I may be in the minority of those that have posted, but a poll done before the season was done. With a sample size of nearly 35,000, 74% would like to add the guaranteed possession for the second team.

The woman who played Brenda Warner is hotter than the real life Brenda who is no slouch herself.
Sorry, have to disagree. Unless you have a "Beyond Thunderdome" or Gozer from Ghostbusters fetish...

zp1k397yner11.jpg

2019-SMCD-Best-120-1024x682.jpg

For the OT rule arguers, since the rule was changed...

Teams that won the coin toss won 52%, lost 42%, and tied 6%

Teams that lost the coin toss won 42%, lost 52%, and tied 6%

52% vs 42% to me is statistically significant enough to say there's a big advantage to the winner of the coin toss.

Here's what I think they should do...

Regular season they should ply a 10:00 OT period, each team gets one timeout, and if there's no score at the end it's a tie.

Post season, play an initial 10:00 OT like above, if still tied at the end keep tacking on 5:00 periods until there's a winner, no add'l timeouts.

For the OT rule arguers, since the rule was changed...

Teams that won the coin toss won 52%, lost 42%, and tied 6%

Teams that lost the coin toss won 42%, lost 52%, and tied 6%

52% vs 42% to me is statistically significant enough to say there's a big advantage to the winner of the coin toss.

Here's what I think they should do...

Regular season they should ply a 10:00 OT period, each team gets one timeout, and if there's no score at the end it's a tie.

Post season, play an initial 10:00 OT like above, if still tied at the end keep tacking on 5:00 periods until there's a winner, no add'l timeouts.

52% vs 42% does not seem to be a startling significant difference, 5/4 vs 4/5 is close to even money odds. Now when you say 66% to 33% and get to the difference between a 2/3's chance of winning vs 1 out of 3 times, now that is a difference. In horse race betting 5/4 is called almost even money odds.

The NFL likes sudden death and I think the only tweak to the rules needs to be, like in this case, the team that loses the toss gets at least one possession to match a TD by the other team on the opening drive of OT.

It is one easy change to the rules and it passes the fairness smell test.

Latest posts