NFL Combine on NFL Network; Bulaga, Moeaki

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Have seen Bulaga so far...Calloway too?

Moeaki will be up today

Early things mentioned:

Mayock said "Bulaga does not get out of the Top Ten" then said something I brought up on the radio yesterday, that KC is sitting there #5 and will likely take an OT, and the Ferentz/Pioli relationship could see Bulaga going at #5.

They were also bantering about how there could be a downside to taking Iowa OL's because they come out of college possibly closest to their potential than other players because of the NFL coaching they have received from Ferentz. Thought that was a bit of a stretch. Most of the Iowa OL's that have gone in the first four rounds of the Ferentz era have been starters.

Yeah he just talked about his thyroid condtion and some of the questions the interviewers were asking him.

Have seen Bulaga so far...Calloway too?

Moeaki will be up today

Early things mentioned:

Mayock said "Bulaga does not get out of the Top Ten" then said something I brought up on the radio yesterday, that KC is sitting there #5 and will likely take an OT, and the Ferentz/Pioli relationship could see Bulaga going at #5.

They were also bantering about how there could be a downside to taking Iowa OL's because they come out of college possibly closest to their potential than other players because of the NFL coaching they have received from Ferentz. Thought that was a bit of a stretch. Most of the Iowa OL's that have gone in the first four rounds of the Ferentz era have been starters.

Then GM's and personnel departments need to do their homework if thats the case. One "bust" should not cloud their judgment.

Moeaki ran a 4.72, which is down from a 4.84 I saw listed a month or two ago. He will probably run a 4.68-4.69 range at the Iowa Pro-day......I am changing my mind on Moeaki from a late rounder to a mid-round draft pick.

I most curious about Angerer, I saw a listed forty time of 4.52, if runs close to that he is going to move up in the draft. He's got those short stubby arms which are perfect for bench pressing, it wouldn't susprise if he put up 25+ reps. Humpal ran a 4.6 forty and was 6th round pick, so we'll see what happens.

I thought Bulaga looked very good today, and Calloway looked good in the mirror drill. In Bulaga's interview they mentioned his pro day a couple times. When is Iowa's pro day? And are fans allowed to attend?

If I saw it right on the bottom of the screen it said Iowa's pro day is on March 22nd. As far as who can go, I am not informed.

The pro day is not open to the media from what I can recall. There may be a brief period for photo ops but they may have changed that too. The NFL guys don't want to be bothered and in fairness to the hawks all of the eyes and attention should be on them. It's one of the most important job interviews they will ever have

The pro day is not open to the media from what I can recall. There may be a brief period for photo ops but they may have changed that too. The NFL guys don't want to be bothered and in fairness to the hawks all of the eyes and attention should be on them. It's one of the most important job interviews they will ever have

Thanks Jon, I was just curious since I could easily make it to Kinnick if it were open to the public.

I thought I read that Moeaki ran 4.69, I can't remember what site I got it from though however. Anyone else read this?

Wow...i didn't notice that i have only posted 4 times on this site!!! Forgot the numbers started over...Football needs to start NOW!

I thought I read that Moeaki ran 4.69, I can't remember what site I got it from though however. Anyone else read this?

On NFL Network it said his official time was 4.69. I'd be willing to bet he could get that shaved to around 4.67 by the pro day.

On NFL Network it said his official time was 4.69. I'd be willing to bet he could get that shaved to around 4.67 by the pro day.

like you said his 4.69 was his offical time and 4th fastest among TE there. Throw in the fact he was one of the few guys that caught everything thrown to him in back to back drills I think he is showing very well and will make a team really happy.

Looking forward to see what Edds and Pat do.

Piece of trivia, Juan Castillo, father of Greg Castillo (DB) and OL coach for the Philadelphia Eagles, ran the offensive line drills.