NFC North

ibahawkeye

Who wins this division? The Bears have a 9-3 record, while the Packers are 8-4.

Here are the remaining games for the Bears and Packers:

Bears
Patriots
@ Vikings
Jets
@ Packers

Packers
@ Lions
@ Patriots
Giants
Bears​

Packers. Bears are going to lose today, next week, beat the Jets, and lose at Green Bay.
Packers will win today, (likelY) lose next week, and beat the Giants.

In the event of a tie, the Packers will own nearly every important tiebreaker.

Packers. Bears are going to lose today, next week, beat the Jets, and lose at Green Bay.
Packers will win today, (likelY) lose next week, and beat the Giants.

In the event of a tie, the Packers will own nearly every important tiebreaker.

What are the tiebreakers?

If the Packers win the game in week 17, they both would have won their game at home.

If the Packers win the game in week 17, they both would have won their game at home.

The Packers will have a season sweep of the Vikings, and therefore a 5-1 division record, while the Bears will have a division record of 4-2.

Of course, that doesn't matter if the Packers don't show up today.

Then you'll have the other ones, in case their division record are both 4-2:

Packers lost to the Dolphins, Bears beat the Dolphins
Both beat the Jets, both lose to New England
Both beat Buffalo
Packers beat the Giants, Bears lost to the Giants.
Both teams beat Dallas and Philly, both lost to the Redskins.

Last edited:

Tiebreakers are division record, record against common opponents, conference record, strength of schedule.

GB does have the advantage right now in tiebreakers, if they beat the Bears in week 17. There was an article in GB paper describing them. Its long and detailed but basically today's game against DET is huge for them. They can't lose a second division game otherwise tiebreakers favor Chicago.

Chicago caught a huge break with the Metrodome collapsing. That was going to be a tough game for them next week. If that game is played outside and Favre starts, CHI will win because Favre is horrible in cold weather and takes the home advantage away from Minnesota.

Chicago has caught a lot of breaks this season. No injuries, played Miami with their 3rd string QB, DET with their 3rd string QB (still almost got beat), played PHI without both starting CBs. Makes me think that this is Chicago's year.

Tiebreakers are division record, record against common opponents, conference record, strength of schedule.

GB does have the advantage right now in tiebreakers, if they beat the Bears in week 17. There was an article in GB paper describing them. Its long and detailed but basically today's game against DET is huge for them. They can't lose a second division game otherwise tiebreakers favor Chicago.

Chicago caught a huge break with the Metrodome collapsing. That was going to be a tough game for them next week. If that game is played outside and Favre starts, CHI will win because Favre is horrible in cold weather and takes the home advantage away from Minnesota.

Chicago has caught a lot of breaks this season. No injuries, played Miami with their 3rd string QB, DET with their 3rd string QB (still almost got beat), played PHI without both starting CBs. Makes me think that this is Chicago's year.

I think the weather today in Chicago will favor the bears as well. There could be up to 50 mph winds which will make it hard to throw the ball and it's very hard to run the ball against the Bears D.

Favre is horrible in cold weather? Didn't he play in Green Bay? Plus I thought when he was with the Packers, he always had trouble playing in domes.

There is still a chance that the Vikes could win it, but unfortunately not a realistic one. I think it's gonna be the Bears.

Favre is horrible in cold weather? Didn't he play in Green Bay? Plus I thought when he was with the Packers, he always had trouble playing in domes.

Yeah, it started to turn late in his GB days. His dome woes started to get better in 2003 or so and he was less of a factor outdoors. In 2007 when GB went to the NFC championship he was horrible in cold weather. Snow, rain, okay, but not cold.

Well, I was half right! The Lions were going to get somebody at some point, and unfortunately that was today.

Doesn't look like the Bears showed up either, so it's all good.

There is still a chance that the Vikes could win it, but unfortunately not a realistic one. I think it's gonna be the Bears.

Vikes cant win it. If the Vikings win out and the Bears lose out both would be 9-7. They would have split the head to head meetings if this happens. The Bears would have a 4-2 division record and the Vikings would sit at 3-3. Vikings have a small chance for a Wild Card though and Green Bay's loss to Detroit yesterday was huge.

The Packers have to finish with New England, Chicago and the Giants. Without Rogers they could drop all 3 and finish 8-8.

Vikings fan here and it is obvious that one wild card will come from the south in either Atlanta or New Orleans. Need to hope that the East only gets 1 playoff team and the Vikings can sneak in at 9-7. Highly unlikely as they would have to win out and I just dont see them beating the Giants tonight, Chicago, @Philly and @Detroit.

My poor vikings this year.. What they need to do is somehow get Stanzi for next year even though it has come to my attention that he has fled to Russia. Sad day...

Scat is right, the Bears own the tiebreakers ...

If the Packers lose at New England (highly likely) and the Bears beat the Vikings in the Gopher Hole or the UNI-Dome or wherever it is played, the Bears CLINCH the division

And they can still get the #2 seed

Latest posts