Next Year

WDMHAWKEYE

Call me crazy, but this looks pretty good for next year.
Anthony Tucker
Cully Payne
Matt Gatens
Nick Neari
Aaron Fuller
Eric May
John Lickliter
Devon Archie
Brennan Cougill
Jarryd Cole
Kaylon Williams
Ben Brust
Cody Larson
Roy Marble Jr.
Zach McCabe

Anthony Tucker
Cully Payne
Matt Gatens
Nick Neari
Aaron Fuller
Eric May
John Lickliter
Devon Archie
Brennan Cougill
Jarryd Cole
Kaylon Williams
Ben Brust
Cody Larson
Roy Marble Jr.
Zach McCabe

Have to agree. Looks like Lick might be getting the type of recruits needed to be successful. If they give the type of effort we saw against Purdue, this roster could surprise some people. Wouldn't that be to bad if all the soothsayers had to eat a little crow somewhere down the road??????????

I would agree, but as of yet we have no scholarship, no offer, and no commitment from the guy who might be as important as anyone to the team being pretty good next year.

Starting Lineup and players that will get playing time.

PG- Kaylon Williams, Cully Payne
SG- Anthony Tucker, Ben Brust, Roy Marble Jr.
SF- Matt Gatens, Eric May
PF- Aaron Fuller, Cody Larson, Devon Archie
C-Jarryd Cole, Brennan Cougill

Cept there is something wrong with that list. Kaylon Williams is NOT on the team, but Andrew Brommer IS on the team.

Personally I find it offensive to talk about current players as if they will not be part of the team next.

Yeah, Andrew doesn't get a lot of playing time, but he does his work in the classroom, shows up and works hard in practice and supports his team in every way that he can. Every team has their Andrew Brommer, but he sticks out more because at the moment Iowa isn't as good as we would like them to be.

Kaylon Williams isn't going to be the magic band-aid that fixes all of Iowa's deficiencies. At best, he is going to get 8-10 minutes per game playing providing a breather for Cully Payne for two seasons. KW will never beat Cully for the starting PG spot, period.

Starting Lineup and players that will get playing time.

PG- Cully Payne, Roy Marble Jr.
SG- Anthony Tucker, Ben Brust, Matt Gatens
SF- Eric May, Zach McCabe

Fixed.

Have to agree. Looks like Lick might be getting the type of recruits needed to be successful. If they give the type of effort we saw against Purdue, this roster could surprise some people. Wouldn't that be to bad if all the soothsayers had to eat a little crow somewhere down the road??????????

Um...no. I think that even the people who think Lick needs to be gone will be happy to eat crow if Iowa shows some signs of life next season.

Anthony Tucker
Cully Payne
Matt Gatens
Nick Neari
Aaron Fuller
Eric May
John Lickliter
Devon Archie
Brennan Cougill
Jarryd Cole
Kaylon Williams
Ben Brust
Cody Larson
Roy Marble Jr.
Zach McCabe

What is your definition of 'looks good'? If by 'full roster' I'll agree with you

Um...no. I think that even the people who think Lick needs to be gone will be happy to eat crow if Iowa shows some signs of life next season.

Shada, I was trying to imply a bit of sarcasm in my original post. I was trying to make a reference to how good it is going to feel for those of us that have stuck up for Lick when the soothsayers have to eat that crow.

Shada, I was trying to imply a bit of sarcasm in my original post. I was trying to make a reference to how good it is going to feel for those of us that have stuck up for Lick when the soothsayers have to eat that crow.

Gotcha...sometimes it is hard to tell when someone is being sarcastic on a message board. I feel the same way; if anyone deserves some good fortune it is Todd Lickliter.

If one thing could be done to "fill out" the roster I would love to see a 6'10" defensive guy that can rebound be brought in. Don't know if there will be an open scholly or not but a big guy is needed.

PG- Cully Payne, Roy Marble Jr.
SG- Anthony Tucker, Ben Brust, Matt Gatens
SF- Eric May, Zach McCabe

If I read your post correctly you don't have Matt Gatens in the starting line up? My guess is that you could move Tucker to the bench or off the team.

Anthony Tucker
Cully Payne
Matt Gatens
Nick Neari
Aaron Fuller
Eric May
John Lickliter
Devon Archie
Brennan Cougill
Jarryd Cole
Kaylon Williams
Ben Brust
Cody Larson
Roy Marble Jr.
Zach McCabe

Looks good for what? A run at a double digit win total?

If one thing could be done to "fill out" the roster I would love to see a 6'10" defensive guy that can rebound be brought in. Don't know if there will be an open scholly or not but a big guy is needed.

Isn't Archie around 6'10"? He is supposed to be long and athletic, good defender and rebounder, but offensive project?

Edit: Some internet research says he is 6'9"

Compared to who in the Big Ten?
NW returns everyone but Nash, and get Coble and Ryan back...
IU returns everyone and has some more good recruits coming.
PSU returns everyone, and has a top 75 recruit coming.
Michigan only loses Sims,and has a couple top 100 players coming.
Wisky loses JBo and Hughes,but has some nice recruits coming and will challenge again this year for a title.
Everyone else,MSU,PU,OSU,Ill,Minny, all return good cores with better recruiting classes than Iowa.

We might close the gap next year, but hard to see how we go higher than 9th...oh joy.

Latest posts