Next Year....Next Year!

hawkrazz

After the game against Minny I was over the top enthusiastic about us going 4-1 and winning a couple in the B1G Tourney to get into the Big Dance but honestly I should have been more realistic....this Nebraska game was ripe for a Hawkeye toe stubbing....we are a team that is close but not there yet in the toughest conference in college hoops....and really, we didn't begin the season expecting a Big Dance ticket...but this team is farther ahead than it was expected to be (even though the W-L record isn't way above expectations) and close loses to some good teams just whet our appetite....now we stubbed our toe big time against a cellar dweller and all the good feeling about this team is being thrown out with the bath water....
-Our coach has started a turn around process from the lowest of low points
- We are starting to recruit better players
- Our freshman have payed well
- We can still end this season on a positive note and finish 9-9 in the B1G which is not bad
- We can still play in post season and make the most of it

It is NEXT YEAR they we are working towards this year and I am still pumped up about next year. We should be in the top half of the B1G next season and make the Dance...and then expect that to continue into future seasons....perspective means everything and I cannot go back to feeling as down about Hawkeye bb as I was under the total apathy of the Licklitter years....think how far we have climbed since then...we are ALMOST BACK!

NO YEAR NO YEAR

RbcD4Rq.png

A terrible loss, but people that lose their minds after this game are dumb. It's frustrating as it kills the NCAA talk, but this program is still headed in the right direction.

Agreed....not like I din't throw a fit at the end of this game but then I stopped myself and realized that we are headed back up the hill and we are so close that it hurts not to turn the corner yet....but we still need to finish off the last 4 games strong and do what we can in post season to build for a real coming out party next year....

I am actually a Cubs fan too....sooo sports just continues to kick me in the nards every year for the past 40....and yet I crawl back for more....but I feel a hell of a lot more hope for Hawkeye basketball (still) than I do for Cubs baseball or Hawkeye football over the next 5 years.....

What are you a Cubs fan????

People say this. But honestly, when was the last time Iowa fans pointed towards 'next year.'

Maybe after Brunner/Horner's junior season, but since then, it's not like we've had a lot to look forward to, until this year.

People say this. But honestly, when was the last time Iowa fans pointed towards 'next year.'

Maybe after Brunner/Horner's junior season, but since then, it's not like we've had a lot to look forward to, until this year.
I dont know. I always think next year will be better. I'm getting tired of it.

I dont know. I always think next year will be better. I'm getting tired of it.

I'm not really trying to start a fight, but if you thought Iowa was going to be much improved many of these past few seasons, it's on you. Outside of this season, there have been very few reasons to be excited.

Fran has turned that around, as fans have a reason to be excited about the future, but there wasn't much hope during Lick's tenure of Alford's post Brunner.

I'm not really trying to start a fight, but if you thought Iowa was going to be much improved many of these past few seasons, it's on you. Outside of this season, there have been very few reasons to be excited.

Fran has turned that around, as fans have a reason to be excited about the future, but there wasn't much hope during Lick's tenure of Alford's post Brunner.
Your right. I just look forward to each basketball season. I just want to see them put together a good season for once.

They were damn close this season. I like this team, with a little seasoning, I expect them to win many of those close ones.

Last edited:
When all is said and done this should be the last year for awhile that we are okay for settling for NIT and close but no cigar....next year and thereafter there should be no reason to not expect a Dance ticket and top tier B1G finish...

I think this team can still bounce back win their home games and end up 9-9 in the B1G, maybe win one or two in the B1G tourney and then go on a run in the NIT....at least make some noise and get us fired up for next season...hope they don't give up now like some of the fanbase is today....

Latest posts