Next year doesn't seem too bad.

ComebackDylan

Just quickly skimming the schedule next year and it looks like a pretty decent year. I know it's January and waaay too early to be doing this but bear with me and check it out.

And for the record, I'm not drinking anything and have realistic expectations but other opinions would be appreciated.

And if there are any other threads like this, sorry for double posting!

Starting out the year we have Northern Illinois at Soldier Field in Chicago. Lot of Iowa alum and fans there and Iowa State beats them regularly so that's a win.

Then we have a four game home stretch, all very winnable.

Iowa State
Northern Iowa
Central Michigan
Minnesota

I could see Iowa dropping a game here but honestly, I don't think that will happen. I'm blaming the ISU/Minn loses this year on home field advantage and pure emotion, not to mention Vandy's inability to win on the road.

So, 5-0 with a bye heading to Spartan stadium.

Just going off of this years loss I'll put it as a loss, for arguments sake.

Penn State is at home and given there situation I could see us winning that game.

6-1 heading to Northwestern and Indiana which will be wins

8-1 hosting Purdue, say what you want, we could very well be 9-1.

Losing in Ann Arbor and beating Nebraska.

10-2? 9-3?

At first glance, that's a pretty good year in my book. Especially compared to the past two years. I'm well aware I'm predicting (kind of) Iowa football so there will be a loss or two that should never happen. But at first glance with no real thought involved, 10-2 is very obtainable.

Thoughts? What is acceptable in your eyes? What games will we throw away this year?

My thoughts are the losses to Iowa St and Minnesota (past 2 years) this past season are a complete joke and on the coaching staff. You can go back to that Minnesota game and change about 20 things that staff did on that day and we win...250 yard rusher in a game and you LOSE? That is PATHETIC....

Northern Illinois won their conference this year and last year as well, I believe. I looked at their website and they lose all their top playmakers. They lose the QB, RB, and top receivers.

The Hawks could have a decent record next year, especially if JVB improves. He should be better next year.

Northern Illinois won their conference this year and last year as well, I believe. I looked at their website and they lose all their top playmakers. They lose the QB, RB, and top receivers.

The Hawks could have a decent record next year, especially if JVB improves. He should be better next year.

He has been in the program for 4 years this past season not really sure how he can improve? The kid has an arm and that is about it....It needs to be completly opened up this spring at QB with Rudock and the JUCO transfer coming in...

He has been in the program for 4 years this past season not really sure how he can improve? The kid has an arm and that is about it....It needs to be completly opened up this spring at QB with Rudock and the JUCO transfer coming in...

He can improve based on having a full year of starting under his belt. HOPEFULLY the pressures of being a starting quarterback and playing in hostile stadiums will become a thing of the past for him.

At least it SEEMS like it's all in his head, but he could just be the Garrett Gilbert of Iowa.

Did Stanzi improve between his 4th and 5th years?

I'm guessing you're gonna say "no" since Hawks went from 10-2 to 8-5.

Did Stanzi improve between his 4th and 5th years?

I'm guessing you're gonna say "no" since Hawks went from 10-2 to 8-5.

He lost his killer mojo probably due to coaches telling him not to take risks as we blew 5 games that season with leads in 4th qtr thanks to the offense failing the defense time and time again. The 2009 Stanzi would throw a pick 6, walk in down 7 or less lead us down the field to victory time and time again. Vandy has 0 killer instinct and puts up nice "Stats" largely due to McNutt. I'll take wins over "Stats" all day everyday...

Are you f'ing kidding me? Jesus, when did idiots take this place over. Not really sure how he can improve? I'm not sure how you could be stupider.

With ANY talent or coaching, an average BIG team wins 8-10 with that schedule. We have average talent, and the worst' game' coach in college or pro. We will win about 7, and give KF a raise and extension

I was thinking about next years schedule as well. I believe we get out to a 5-0 start, but I do not like our chances in the Big 10. I believe every coach in the Big 10 knows how to beat Ferentz (play risky and take chances when not expected.)

I think we will be around 8-4 possibly, I still believe we will lost one game that we shouldn't (Probably Indiana, we might be rated #25 at that point) and they will upset us.

Until I see something out of this coaching staff, I am not going to expect much out of them. I hope they grow their balls back and start taking some chances (fake field goal, fake punt, blocking a punt, even a flea flicker might do it).

We have a favorable schedule almost every year and do nothing with it. I love your optimism but I wont believe until I see it.

We have a favorable schedule almost every year and do nothing with it. I love your optimism but I wont believe until I see it.

We progressed in alot of areas this year!
1) Feirowitz is about to hit beast mode, Herman wasnt the answer but was given a chance because Ferentz is good people
2)Senior qb who's hungry, mix in some more hurry up & he made Oklahoma's D look silly
3)Coker = stud. Canzeri is an excellent change of pace
4)D-line looked ALOT better with woods coaching them! tell me im lying
5)we have the best recruits we've ever had coming in and Kirk Ferentz is a STUD! cry all you want but he's putting these boys in the pros and the recruits are gonna keep on coming so all these fake iowa fans that cry need to go ahead and and follow kazensky!!!!

He has got to get it together on the road, and that's all there is to it.

as to the success of Stanzi in 2009 vs the lack of in 2010
in 2009 the defense got all the credit even though Stanzi led the team on numerous comebacks at the end of Games
the 2010 team had that same defense and was rated the #1 preseason defense
and as i recall Stanzi led the team to a 4th quarter comeback again multiple time only to see that same defense that got all the credit for the success in 2009
give up the winning score in most of those losses
but everbody who really know nothing about the sport Blame the loss on Stanzi and KOK lack of ability to coach QB'S
in the end you can't pick and choose who gets the blame or gets credit for wins and losses

We progressed in alot of areas this year!
1) Feirowitz is about to hit beast mode, Herman wasnt the answer but was given a chance because Ferentz is good people
2)Senior qb who's hungry, mix in some more hurry up & he made Oklahoma's D look silly
3)Coker = stud. Canzeri is an excellent change of pace
4)D-line looked ALOT better with woods coaching them! tell me im lying
5)we have the best recruits we've ever had coming in and Kirk Ferentz is a STUD! cry all you want but he's putting these boys in the pros and the recruits are gonna keep on coming so all these fake iowa fans that cry need to go ahead and and follow kazensky!!!!

I'm not sure if you're 13 and really believe this, or just a troll...

I'm going to go with troll.

Are you f'ing kidding me? Jesus, when did idiots take this place over. Not really sure how he can improve? I'm not sure how you could be stupider.

OOOOO Big one there big shot....Jesus did you not watch this season??? Yeah 4 years in the program and this is where he is at.....

Latest posts