Next week is a critical game in KF's career.

Montanahawk

No way we lose to both NIU, and ISU and make a bowl game. Coming off last year's losing season a bowl game really is necessary to recruit at a competitive Big Ten level. It's obvious that a combination of attrition, the transition to a new offense and sub-par recruiting years really hurt us last year and still shackles us this year. If we don't win against ISU we could start seeing more defections and it's unlikely the remainder of the class will provide quality players for the future. I don't think KF get's fired over a 5-7 kind of year, but a three win year may change the calculus. But, in either case looking out in 2015-2016 what talent is there, without solid classes in 2014-2015 would take us back to even 8-4?

Not seeing it. We have to win Saturday to have a realistic chance at bowl eligibility. I think we can win this one, but concerned about every game on the schedule.

The game against ISU isn't even about a bowl game I don't think. No one is going to be happy about going to Detroit.

Losing to ISU means Kirk-backers will turn from
vocal support to silence and
those backers that are silent now to Kirk detractors and
current detractors to the shrill haters or complacent

Losing to ISU means Kirk's tenure as coach is on the ledge

Latest posts