Next up Indiana

GrandpaHawk

I looked at the box score from there game with NW and they passed 54 times.If we can put a rush on that QB he's going to be tired.Let's take care of them and move on to the next one.

Indiana proved they couldn't run against Northwestern- I like our chances.

I just hope we don't come out flat. It's so much fun to watch us play with the energy and level of execution we did this last week.

Indiana proved they couldn't run against Northwestern- I like our chances.

I just hope we don't come out flat. It's so much fun to watch us play with the energy and level of execution we did this last week.
This team will come to play here on out...check the history books on Iowa teams in November, we play our best ball, we play perhaps the best football in the country late season under the GOOD CAPTAIN.

I agree, you don't have to sell me on the history books in November- like I said... I like our chances.

I actually feel better about tOSU coming to Kinnick than I do the next two games. IU and NU will dink us the whole game with 8- to 10-yard passes with the occasional longer toss thrown in. We've had trouble with these sorts of schemes. The players will be motivated and the staff will have them well-prepared, and I think we get the wins. But they won't come easy.

"I actually feel better about tOSU coming to Kinnick than I do the next two games. IU and NU will dink us the whole game with 8- to 10-yard passes with the occasional longer toss thrown in. We've had trouble with these sorts of schemes. The players will be motivated and the staff will have them well-prepared, and I think we get the wins. But they won't come easy."

You have to understand though that Indiana's defense is utterly atrocious. Worst then michigan's if I'm correct (Indiana is dead last in the league i believe)
we should be able to craft a good pass/run balance on offense and eat the clock--- i am not worried about indiana, if there is any time to put out some pretty sexy style points ( i know it won't happen) this (and MN) is the game to do it.

Northwestern--- well, we all know this rotten story!

"I actually feel better about tOSU coming to Kinnick than I do the next two games. IU and NU will dink us the whole game with 8- to 10-yard passes with the occasional longer toss thrown in. We've had trouble with these sorts of schemes. The players will be motivated and the staff will have them well-prepared, and I think we get the wins. But they won't come easy."

You have to understand though that Indiana's defense is utterly atrocious. Worst then michigan's if I'm correct (Indiana is dead last in the league i believe)
we should be able to craft a good pass/run balance on offense and eat the clock--- i am not worried about indiana, if there is any time to put out some pretty sexy style points ( i know it won't happen) this (and MN) is the game to do it.

Northwestern--- well, we all know this rotten story!

Yeah. And hopefully the officiating crew we get for the NU game knows that grabbing an opponent's facemask is a foul.

I actually feel better about tOSU coming to Kinnick than I do the next two games. IU and NU will dink us the whole game with 8- to 10-yard passes with the occasional longer toss thrown in. We've had trouble with these sorts of schemes. The players will be motivated and the staff will have them well-prepared, and I think we get the wins. But they won't come easy.

I agree, Tweet. Both IU and NU will get yards between the 20s, and people will be freaking out in the game threads.
"Why is Prater 8 yards off the receiver?!?:mad:"
Meanwhile, Prater is B10 D-player of the week. :cool:
However, there is no doubt in my mind that we will simply overpower both of these clearly lesser foes. Yes, I mean NU, too. We will crush them this season.

Unless we make terrible mistakes like we did last year, I don't see the Indiana game even being close. The Hoosiers have no run game, a pretty obvious pass game and play little to no defense.

I think you are, so in that case I will take everything you say with a grain of salt, since you think Kyle McCann was the greatest QB in Hawkeye history!!!!!!

The fact that Iowa was able to contain MSU's passing game gives me great hope that we can also contain Indiana's passing game. It won't be an easy assignment for Iowa's D ... however, they're capable of slowing the IU O pretty well.

Also, perhaps more importantly, Indiana doesn't have Saffold anymore ... and that means that their new LT will have his hands full with Clayborn.

Indiana will score points ... however, I have plenty of doubts concerning the ability of IU's D to stop our O.

i just don't see this game being even close--- well, probably close if we KF goes into standard knee mode at end of 3rd quarter, but even, i suspect a 42-10 type of game....

i just don't see this game being even close--- well, probably close if we KF goes into standard knee mode at end of 3rd quarter, but even, i suspect a 42-10 type of game....

My hope is that this is a game where Coker gets 100+ yards. I also would like to see our backups on the DL and at S to see a bit more positional action too.

My hope is that this is a game where Coker gets 100+ yards. I also would like to see our backups on the DL and at S to see a bit more positional action too.

All good points, I would just add that I'd like to see our ENTIRE two deeps get some snaps this weekend.

All good points, I would just add that I'd like to see our ENTIRE two deeps get some snaps this weekend.

Would be nice but lets focus on winning and not the two deeps. IU has no running game and a very poor defense. They will move on us between the 20 but we will limit TD's. On the offensive side IU will not be able to stop our run or pass so really should move ball against IU. If we continue trend of no turnovers final score.

Iowa 42
IU 10

LOL .... I suppose that I should specify first that I just want Iowa to win.

After that ... I hope that the rest transpires too.

Of course, provided that the team leaders keep the team focussed ... we should probably have our wish.

Latest posts