Next man in: Brinson?

hawktech

Our RBs looked so beat up last night it was amazing they made it as far as they did! That was the biggest slugfest of the year so far.

Does anyone know if Brinson has been practicing lately? I haven't heard much about him since he was spotted on the sidelines a few weeks ago wearing a boot around his ankle.

If would be nice to know if he is at least capable of playing...?

Who do we have after Jeff? Rogers? O'Meara? That is it right?

Jon why is it that I have to keep signing in to the website to post a message? It's not that big of a deal, but if I am doing something wrong i would like to know about it...

Rumor has it Brinson has been in a boot. The rumor has been for like 5 weeks. Doubt if he is healed he would be in game shape...

Sounds like Brinson isn't an option right now and probably won't be for the rest of the year. Makes you wonder about his future? Robinson, Wegher, Hampton, and two running backs in next year's recruiting class. Where does he fit in?

How do we know this? If a player is out for the season it should be more open to the public. Has anyone even heard what the deal really is with Brinson? Ferentz has acknowledged he's injured but has it ever been clear what the issue is? Some of you act like you know for sure he's out for 2009... How?

Wegher was out there for the victory formation/kneel down on the final play. He was jumping up and down celebrating.

I seriously doubt he was mortally wounded last night.

OK just so we all get the Rumor straight, Brinson was allegedly in a boot for the Wisconsin game. And yes I know that Kirk said as much last week. Obviously his boot looks exactly like a cleat though since he actually played in the Wisconsin game. Clear as mud?

OK just so we all get the Rumor straight, Brinson was allegedly in a boot for the Wisconsin game. And yes I know that Kirk said as much last week. Obviously his boot looks exactly like a cleat though since he actually played in the Wisconsin game. Clear as mud?

You saw him play in the Wisconsin game??? I missed/wasn't looking for that he played. Guess I will have to check it out on the DVR! I hadn't heard the boot rumor from the Wisky game. It was Arkansas St game that I heard about.

IF Jeff played against Wisky, then he is good to go for practice this week, thus the game. Barring anything that happens or happened since the Wisky game.

You saw him play in the Wisconsin game??? I missed/wasn't looking for that he played. Guess I will have to check it out on the DVR! I hadn't heard the boot rumor from the Wisky game. It was Arkansas St game that I heard about.

IF Jeff played against Wisky, then he is good to go for practice this week, thus the game. Barring anything that happens or happened since the Wisky game.

I did not see him play but his name was on the participation report for that game. There was a post on this last night. Here are the quotes from that post:

Quote:
Participation Report (Final)
2009 University of Iowa Football
Iowa Hawkeyes vs Wisconsin (Oct 17, 2009 at Madison, Wisconsin)
Quote:
Iowa Hawkeyes: 1-Murray, Daniel, 3-Wegher, Brandon, 3B-Spading, Kyle, 4B-White, Jason, 5-Donahue, Ryan, 6D-Tobin, Matt, 6-Davis, Keenan, 7-McNutt, Marvin, 10-Lowe, William, 18-Hyde, Micah, 22-Sandeman, Colin, 25-O'Meara, Paki, 31-Cato, David, 33-Tarpinian, Jeff, 34-Rowell, Chris, 40-Swanson, Jack, 44-Brinson, Jeff, 45-Nielsen, Tyler, 47-Leppert, Wade, 56-Zusevics, M., 57-Davis, Bruce, 58-Daniel, Lebron, 61-Meade, Travis, 63-Vandervelde, J., 65-Schulze, Andrew, 82-Reisner, Allen, 93-Daniels, Mike.

I did not see him play but his name was on the participation report for that game. There was a post on this last night. Here are the quotes from that post:

Quote:
Participation Report (Final)
2009 University of Iowa Football
Iowa Hawkeyes vs Wisconsin (Oct 17, 2009 at Madison, Wisconsin)
Quote:
Iowa Hawkeyes: 1-Murray, Daniel, 3-Wegher, Brandon, 3B-Spading, Kyle, 4B-White, Jason, 5-Donahue, Ryan, 6D-Tobin, Matt, 6-Davis, Keenan, 7-McNutt, Marvin, 10-Lowe, William, 18-Hyde, Micah, 22-Sandeman, Colin, 25-O'Meara, Paki, 31-Cato, David, 33-Tarpinian, Jeff, 34-Rowell, Chris, 40-Swanson, Jack, 44-Brinson, Jeff, 45-Nielsen, Tyler, 47-Leppert, Wade, 56-Zusevics, M., 57-Davis, Bruce, 58-Daniel, Lebron, 61-Meade, Travis, 63-Vandervelde, J., 65-Schulze, Andrew, 82-Reisner, Allen, 93-Daniels, Mike.
Jeff DID NOT PLAY/PARTICIPATE in the Wisconsin game despite what Hawkeyesports said. He was in a boot.

Jeff DID NOT PLAY/PARTICIPATE in the Wisconsin game despite what Hawkeyesports said. He was in a boot.

You saw him with the boot during the game I take it? Is it possible that he tweaked the ankle in the Wisconsin game and you saw him after that in a boot?

If so then it might not be that big of an injury and more precautionary, otherwise we would have heard something...

I gotta see this guy play!

So you watched said player in the boot the entire game and he never got in the game? Needless to say you were at the game right?

Hence the need for clarification due to conflicting reports.

I'm not sure what I think if the injury to Robinson keeps him out. I don't think BW can go all the game with no break -that's a lot to ask. Do you burn the redshirt on Rogers or do we see more double TE sets and put in the hands of Stanzi to control the game with the short passing game

With 4 regular season games left and a bowl game, i think you burn the redshirt on rogers. Not sure BW could go the rest of the way full time. that is of course if Brinson really is not able to play. The reason i say burn it, is because not only is Iowa in the driver seat for the Big ten title, but hey are now in the mix for a BCS title game, with some help from others. Iowa number 4 on the latest BCS rankings.

I have to believe that A-Rob will be back though, making this talk mute.

With 4 regular season games left and a bowl game, i think you burn the redshirt on rogers. Not sure BW could go the rest of the way full time. that is of course if Brinson really is not able to play. The reason i say burn it, is because not only is Iowa in the driver seat for the Big ten title, but hey are now in the mix for a BCS title game, with some help from others. Iowa number 4 on the latest BCS rankings.

I have to believe that A-Rob will be back though, making this talk mute.
+1 Ask Rogers what he wants to do, I'm sure it would be a resounding YES!

Latest posts