Next man in: Brad Rogers

hawktech

Mr. Rogers is not your timid friendly neighborhood fellow. "The Wrecking Ball" is quite the bruiser from the little we have heard of him, not many videos out there, but maybe he is just what the doctor ordered??

A bruiser back is what this offense is missing. If he can run downhill AND hang on to the football we could have a player, and I'm all good with that. If he could pass block....Ok that's maybe a little too much...

For someone that was to redshirt this season, the coaches must have him at a state of readiness, as he travelled with the team to MSU. Now that we are down another RB (that makes 3 this season, at the moment) he is at high alert and he could very well see some playing time. One hit to the ribs for Wegher and he is done for the game, the IU defense knows this much...

Let's just hope he has a good understanding of the offense! Because he is ONE SNAP away from getting a quick lesson on life in the Big Ten!

I'm not sure how to post a link on this site just yet, but here is an interview with Brad Rogers - The Wrecking Ball: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGYD42eO69g"]YouTube - Brad Rogers Interview[/ame]

From HwkFn4Life:
http://www.gohawks.com/
drag across Hawkeye Family and click on Class of 2009, select Brad Rogers

Last edited:
I didn't watch it but I can just tell by the fireplace that this was a pretty classy interview...was this after a Christmas choir performance? and no, I'm not going to watch it that would ruin how funny I'm thinking it could be in my head...

First time caller long time listner (sorry always wanted to say that). You gotta believe if we pull this redshirt and with all the backs returning next year we are going to have one or two transfer out. I guess on the other hand we are going to have some fun competition in camp.

Wow...judging by the presser feed, it sure sounds like a lock that Rogers is going to see some action this weekend.

This should be fun to watch him get in there (if the coaches thought about playing him at MSU, that shows HE IS READY!). I predict that he makes a nice play within 2-3 touches. Mr. Rogers just stepped in the door- there's go the neighborhood!

This should be fun to watch him get in there (if the coaches thought about playing him at MSU, that shows HE IS READY!). I predict that he makes a nice play within 2-3 touches. Mr. Rogers just stepped in the door- there's go the neighborhood!

I think redshirts get to travel to one game so maybe Rogers going to the MSU game was just a coincidence.

I hope he is ready and willing to step up.
The main thing,does he know his job out there?
hang on to the ball, protect the qb, and try not to run the wrong way.

Very nervous about putting a rookie out there vs OSU and NW(who live to strip the ball)...just hope he gets acclimated this week vs IU,if he is activated.

Good to hear that he was excited at the possibility of playing last week...at least it sounds like he would agree to burn the redshirt and he must be in decent shape if KF told him that.

C'mon Mr Rogers...oooh wait...I will just go with Brad.

In the presser, KF did not hesitate to say he would pull the redshirt. I think he plays this weekend. They are very impressed with him. I am not concerned about a young player playing. We have done it with two at the RB position this year already. Off the subject, I am wondering if Brinson will get a medical this year, making him still a freshman next year???? He seems smart, could play four years and get his degree and masters while using up his eligibility???

Wow...judging by the presser feed, it sure sounds like a lock that Rogers is going to see some action this weekend.

I like how Ferentz said that he has gotten in great shape in the last 2 months. He is going to have some serious jitters out there in front of all those fans at Kinnick!

I want to see "The Wrecking Ball" knock down a LBer! I miss that!

Stanzi, DJK, Stross, Bigach, Daniel, Davis, Lowe, and Rogers all guys who are from Ohio who were not wanted by OSU are gonna get the chance to show sweater vest what he missed out on.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLsnZ1Buo04"]YouTube - 2008 Toledo Central Catholic vs Olentangy Liberty High School Football[/ame]

Any one have any vids of him on the field his last year of high school?

Also, can that local sports reporter be any cheesier?

Just checked out a video on GoHawks.com...

I like the physical nature with which he runs. He's very bowling ball-esque because of his low center of gravity and solid frame. He also showed very good balance on a lot of his runs.

One thing I hopes he improves upon if he plays against Indiana...despite being a shorter back, he really needs to get his pad level lower against B10 opposition. He took on a lot of those tacklers with a higher pad level than those trying to tackle him, but his brute strength enabled him to win out. He won't be able to bully a B10 LB like that, and will have trouble with some safeties.

I think redshirts get to travel to one game so maybe Rogers going to the MSU game was just a coincidence.

I remember hearing the Bill Snyder travels his RS FR QBs with the team on all road trips. So, I'm not sure that there is a limit to how many times a RS can travel. I really think this was just a case of "get ready, son, you're next!"

Selfishly, I hope the coaches have really cooled on Paki and let this guy have his shot.

In the presser, KF did not hesitate to say he would pull the redshirt. I think he plays this weekend. They are very impressed with him. I am not concerned about a young player playing. We have done it with two at the RB position this year already. Off the subject, I am wondering if Brinson will get a medical this year, making him still a freshman next year???? He seems smart, could play four years and get his degree and masters while using up his eligibility???

I definitely think he should be a candidate for a medical redshirt. He played in just a handful of plays the whole season.
I really think he is going to be good back, just hope he gets healthy and on the field the next 4 years...as we have seen,you never have enough backs.

Obviously losing Robinson is not good but it will actually force us to pass and open up the offense which is ht eonly way we will score on Ohio State's defense.

http://www.gohawks.com/
drag across Hawkeye Family and click on Class of 2009, select Brad Rogers

Nice vid! Thanks! He will definitely see the field this weekend and next. We have NO Choice in the matter. He might be the only RB left after Saturday, you just don't know... IU and NU come at a good time.

It is probably Rogers and Paki with the 1st teamers at practice this week, as Wegher is still recovering. "The Wrecking Ball" has to play and he has to play a lot in the next 2 weeks to get us(Rogers) ready for OSU!

Just think how pumped up Rogers has to be!!! A week ago he didn't think he would play this year. Now ARob and Brinson are out. And there is a possibility he could be the starter going into OSU - his home state!!!

The tides will turn.

Next-man-in.

Be Ready!