Newton Scandals

beaverdaleguy

Source: Auburn QB Newton left Florida after cheating scandal - CFB News - FOX Sports on MSN

1) Cheating on paper freshman year

2) Turning in other student's paper with his name on it (sounds like the student didn't even know) - when caught, turned in paper he bought over internet (2 strikes on one offense)

3) Stole laptop from someone's dorm room

-when investigated by Florida, he "transferred" to a JC. (finds out he wasn't even enrolled when he "transferred")

-then there are allegations of an agent attempting to bribe Newton's way into Mississippi State (which they didn't take)

....And this is the integrity and honorable character that Reggie Bush lacked? If he wins the Heisman, REGARDLESS of what he does on the field, I will officially hunt down every Heisman voter and pay an old man to punch them in the nuts.

Source: Auburn QB Newton left Florida after cheating scandal - CFB News - FOX Sports on MSN

1) Cheating on paper freshman year

2) Turning in other student's paper with his name on it (sounds like the student didn't even know) - when caught, turned in paper he bought over internet (2 strikes on one offense)

3) Stole laptop from someone's dorm room

-when investigated by Florida, he "transferred" to a JC. (finds out he wasn't even enrolled when he "transferred")

-then there are allegations of an agent attempting to bribe Newton's way into Mississippi State (which they didn't take)

....And this is the integrity and honorable character that Reggie Bush lacked? If he wins the Heisman, REGARDLESS of what he does on the field, I will officially hunt down every Heisman voter and pay an old man to punch them in the nuts.

1st thread I read today, and after reading it, I know it's going to be a good day. Thank You.

This is getting good... CBS Sports is about to publish a story stating that Urban Meyer is the source of the new scandal.

The SEC is imploding upon itself.

Guilty until proven innocent?

How is that? He was CAUGHT cheating on papers three times, CAUGHT being a part of the laptop theft, and before a board could convene and expell him, he suddenly decided to 'transfer' so they couldn't do anything to him and have it be on record. I'd say that is 4 strikes and more allegations keep coming...that is please warden, may i have another?

I am just saying that the only thing that really matters at this point is the alleged recruiting violation with Auburn. The other issues are not new information...are they? It just seems odd to me that all of this stuff is coming out now, and I have to ask if we'd be hearing about any of this if he (and Auburn) were not having a successful season.

However, I can understand the speculation and it wouldn't suprise me to find out the the allegations are true...it just seems like someone held this in their back pocket until they were ready to drop the bomb.

So will CFB implode if Kellen Moore of BSU wins the Heisman and TCU the national title? Now that could be interesting... :)

Would certainly cause schools to rethink non-conf scheduling. Why play any BCS schools at all? Get four cupcakes and four wins by 30+ points.

It doesn't matter when things are coming out or by whom, but the fact that the Heisman Committee made a huge deal about the Reggie Bush situation and how he didn't uphold the character and integrity and values that the Heisman (supposedly) stood for, and now Newton is accused of a lot worse. He could run for 10,000 yards and throw for 100,000 yards and I still believe that if they do not want to embarress themselves again they shouldnt even invite him to New York. If he didn't have this good of a season, there would be no need to drag the kid through the mud, would there? Because he would simply be going for an education, not the most sought after trophy in college football. I don't blame the "sources" for not bringing stuff out before now, because you don't want to hurt a kid who is simply playing a sport he loves, but when he could claim a huge prize like the Heisman from someone else who not only has on-field success but has the character to be a good role model, then yes, you should protect the integrity of that trophy and bring this stuff to light. Not so you can hurt the kid, but so he isn't allowed to possess something that stands for what he is not.

If he were to enter a pie baking contest, and someone knew he cheated and bought a pie and passed it off as his own, and someone "allegedly" tried bribing the judges to pick him to win, and he didn't even place or show, no one would probably care. But if he were to win 1st prize and get his name written down next to the world's top chefs, thats when people say, ok, i need to tell you the truth of what happened.

Please, will someone tell me what the NCAA violations are? The NCAA probably won't even investigate the matter. It appears that Newton is academically eligible.

Florida is the school in trouble, not Auburn or Newton. The fact that this information was leaked to the media puts the focus on Florida. It is a clear violation of Federal Student Privacy Laws. Notice that all student names were redacted in the documents Iowa gave to the Register. Someone at Florida should lose their job over this.

Here is an excellent perspective of the whole matter.

http://college-football-blog.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/25750435

Last edited:
Heisman Trust Mission Statement

In the first line it states that is meant for the player that best exhibits the pursuit of excellence along with integrity.

Do people really want a cheater and a liar winning the heisman trophy? Maybe if you are an Auburn fan...I don't want this guy winning because of the things he has done. Do we really want him recognized in group of outstanding players with ability and integrity? People like Ernie Davis, John Cappelleti, and of course Nile Kinnick.

Heisman Trust Mission Statement

In the first line it states that is meant for the player that best exhibits the pursuit of excellence along with integrity.

Do people really want a cheater and a liar winning the heisman trophy? Maybe if you are an Auburn fan...I don't want this guy winning because of the things he has done. Do we really want him recognized in group of outstanding players with ability and integrity? People like Ernie Davis, John Cappelleti, and of course Nile Kinnick.

OJ Simpson agrees with this statement. I honestly couldn't care less about how good of a person he is, it should go to the guy who the best player during that given season. And this year, it's been Cam and it's not really close.

OJ Simpson agrees with this statement. I honestly couldn't care less about how good of a person he is, it should go to the guy who the best player during that given season. And this year, it's been Cam and it's not really close.

He got the heisman before his troubles...

I would agree that there does not appear to be any...

Please, will someone tell me what the NCAA violations are? The NCAA probably won't even investigate the matter. It appears that Newton is academically eligible.

Florida is the school in trouble, not Auburn or Newton. The fact that this information was leaked to the media puts the focus on Florida. It is a clear violation of Federal Student Privacy Laws. Notice that all student names were redacted in the documents Iowa gave to the Register. Someone at Florida should lose their job over this.

Here is an excellent perspective of the whole matter.

Report: Cam Newton in cheating scandals at UF - CBSSports.com

NCAA violations in this particular case, but let's not just assume that it was Florida that leaked this. It could be a person close to the Newton circle who got cut off or who has a grudge, but who still has knowledge of the situation.

And that is why you are ignorant. The entire original PURPOSE of the trophy is the most outstanding player who shows on AND off the field prowess. It has become the high profile player on the media's favorite team, regardless of what that student athlete does off the field. You should "honestly care" because that is the purpose of the trophy. I'm not saying he or Auburn should be punished somehow or withheld from the NT game if they win out, by all means, rah rah go team. But he should not win the Heisman. Period.

Latest posts