Newton Eligible??? Wow!!!

tmurph2643

AuburnSports.com - NCAA: Newton declared eligible

My favorite quote... more proof that there is no morals set by the SEC. Just... wow!!

"The conduct of Cam Newton's father and the involved individual is unacceptable and has no place in the SEC or in intercollegiate athletics," said Mike Slive, Southeastern Conference Commissioner. "The actions taken by Auburn University and Mississippi State University make it clear this behavior will not be tolerated in the SEC."

So does that mean nothing happend or that he can play while they are still investigating?

So does that mean nothing happend or that he can play while they are still investigating?

My understanding is that they investigated... found that there were violations and didn't do squat... it says in the article he was in violation of his amateur status...

My opinion is that there is too much money to lose by not letting Newton play right now! This is a tragedy for college football...

Auburn University football student-athlete Cameron Newton is immediately eligible to compete, according to a decision today by the NCAA student-athlete reinstatement staff. The NCAA concluded on Monday that a violation of amateurism rules occurred, therefore Auburn University declared the student-athlete ineligible yesterday for violations of NCAA amateurism rules.

spacer1.gif
When a school discovers an NCAA rules violation has occurred, it must declare the student-athlete ineligible and may request the student-athlete's eligibility be reinstated. Reinstatement decisions are made by the NCAA national office staff and can include conditions such as withholding from competition and repayment of extra benefits. Newton was reinstated without any conditions.

Whew something stinks in here. Oh it's the NCAA's nose from being up the SEC's butt for so long.

It would be quite fitting for South Carolina to kick Auburn's A$$ on Saturday. They would be doing the entire nation favor.

Ruled ineligible by Auburn yesterday, reinstated by the NCAA today. Why even waste the time on such a formality if the entire process is already an insult to one's intelligence?

It also sounds like the NCAA has decided to change their rules on a whim, that it's now A-OK for your parents to take money... as long as you claim you didn't know about it.

I have a buddy that goes to SC.

I'll tell him I'll be pulling for the cocks.

this is a temp deal until they find out more isn't it? Don't think this clears him all together just for now.

Love how they can make these decisions so quickly but make other teams wait months to look into things.......oh money...you are the reason for college sports.

The NCAA has just set the standard for a new recruiting tool. Coaches can simply just tell their recruits they'll pay them whatever, but they will just pay the parents and the student can just deny they had any idea.

The NCAA has just set the standard for a new recruiting tool. Coaches can simply just tell their recruits they'll pay them whatever, but they will just pay the parents and the student can just deny they had any idea.

Exactly! They're just setting it up for even more of this if they're going to let it go. Trust me, this will only happen more if they just let it slide with no punishment.

I thought it was weird that they brought in the FBI....

I believe the FBI was involved, cause they are after the dog track owner/Auburn booster that alledgely paid Newton's dad. Also I highly doubt newton's dad paid taxes on that. I'd think that would be tax evasion

does anyone really think that cam had no idea his dad was doing this?
don't some of his quotes tell otherwise?

No way in he|| Cam didn't know this was going on. The NCAA is headed down a VERY slippery slope with this decision. It's going to come back and bit them in the A$$ if this holds up and he stays eligible. WOW.

The SEC cheats and the NCAA gives them a pass.
I'm about as surprised by this as I will be when the sun sets in the west this evening.

Scott VanPelt said on his ESPNradio show that it clearly states in the NCAA guidelines that any player, player family member or someone representing a player that requests compensation for that player coming to a school is immediately ineligible. So why when the NCAA declares him eligible they say that "he didnt know what his dad was doing".....their own rules say it doesnt matter wether the player knows or not, the player is immediately ineligible!! What the hell lets just ignore our own rules....

He's reinstated but not yet "cleared" of anything. Basically the ruling is saying that they proved his dad shopped him to Mississippi St, but they don't have sufficient evidence to prove that Cam was directly involved or that he was also shopped to Auburn. They are continuing to investigate. I'm sure we'll find out the NCAA's decision in 5 years, after he's won the heisman, possibly a championship, and making millions in the NFL.

So kids, have your parents do the dirty work and lie about it. Then, if anyone has the gall to report that something wrong might have happened, get on your soapbox and condemn them for even suggesting such a thing. The resulting confusion and sympathizers should net you enough time to escape with plenty of awards and a high draft pick.

Latest posts