New transfer possiblity???

TheIowaHawkGuy

@GoodmanESPN Semi Ojeleye been contacted by following, per source: Wisconsin, KU, K-State, SMU, Oregon, Iowa, Illinois, Creighton, Wichita St., Cal, Wash

Iowa might be the worst program out of this list so would sure appear to be a longshot to even get a sniff from him but I'm sure his academics are in great shape and would easily meet Iowa's 3.0 GPA minimum transfer requirement. Also worth noting, his high school coach is now at CR-Kennedy, Jon McKowen. Probably doesn't mean anything but interesting coincidence.

I thought I heard Fran said that he's probably using the remaining scholarship for a big man on Monday night's radio show, thought it may be him or the Sioux City kid that's a juco.

Hey thats my BF!!! I grew up with Jon.
Cool story bro.

I text him Sunday......tell me Semi isn't going to iowa state?

I thought I heard Fran said that he's probably using the remaining scholarship for a big man on Monday night's radio show, thought it may be him or the Sioux City kid that's a juco.

Hope it's this kid. He's a 4-star or a 5-star depending upon the service you check. And he's 6'8" and 230 lbs. Definitely forward material.

Interesting. Fran can definitely sell him on playing time with White graduating. I'd be shocked if Iowa gets a visit though. From what I gather, the Kansas schools and Wisconsin are the teams to beat.

Saw this kid play in high school as a freshman and he was a stud back then. Was 6'6" but his physique has changed dramatically since then as one would expect. If his parents are stil in Ottawa, KS, I gotta think KU would be the favorite based on proximity? Ottawa and Lawrence are less than 30 minutes apart. I believe his dad is still a physician down in Ottawa? If Ojeleye wanted to come to Iowa, Fran would offer IMO.

Saw this kid play in high school as a freshman and he was a stud back then. Was 6'6" but his physique has changed dramatically since then as one would expect. If his parents are stil in Ottawa, KS, I gotta think KU would be the favorite based on proximity? Ottawa and Lawrence are less than 30 minutes apart. I believe his dad is still a physician down in Ottawa? If Ojeleye wanted to come to Iowa, Fran would offer IMO.

I read where he wants to be a doctor too. Iowa has a great medical school and hospital.

I wouldn't say no. Although, our biggest problem is guard play. Fran wants a PG. Fran needs a PG. He has tried incredibly hard every year and come up short... That said, Iowa will take the best player it can get.

Interesting. Fran can definitely sell him on playing time with White graduating. I'd be shocked if Iowa gets a visit though. From what I gather, the Kansas schools and Wisconsin are the teams to beat.

Those teams are winning and are usually 1 player away from being being considered a team getting to the Final Four.....What I've seen out of Fran's teams are we're about 5-8 players away from that point......This kid would be great to get, so we will continue to see if Fran can get him here and seal the deal...

I wouldn't say no. Although, our biggest problem is guard play. Fran wants a PG. Fran needs a PG. He has tried incredibly hard every year and come up short... That said, Iowa will take the best player it can get.

Fran said this week his priority is finding a big man. After Woodbury there is nobody. I'd think a PG would be second on the list though.

We really need a big in this class. We are losing 1 wing player, and are bringing in 3 to replace him (Moss, Fleming, and Hutton). We are losing 2 bigs in White and Olaseni, and we are bringing in 1 to replace those two.

I think Fran already plans on playing Uthoff and Uhl more at the 4 next year as it is, which I'm fine with. The problem will be depth, as we would only have Woody, Uthoff, Uhl, and Wagner to play the 4/5 spots.

I think it's almost imperative we find a big man, and I'm not talking a "project" either...a couple of 6'8" - 6'10", oh maybe 230-250 would suffice....come on Santa you better deliver this year....:)

We really need a big in this class. We are losing 1 wing player, and are bringing in 3 to replace him (Moss, Fleming, and Hutton). We are losing 2 bigs in White and Olaseni, and we are bringing in 1 to replace those two.

I think Fran already plans on playing Uthoff and Uhl more at the 4 next year as it is, which I'm fine with. The problem will be depth, as we would only have Woody, Uthoff, Uhl, and Wagner to play the 4/5 spots.

That's good news to me that Wagner is a 4. I was thinking he was more of a 3 for some reason. How tall is he? Also do you think any of the other guys are capible of playing the 2?

That's good news to me that Wagner is a 4. I was thinking he was more of a 3 for some reason. How tall is he? Also do you think any of the other guys are capible of playing the 2?

I think Fleming is a 2 but Hutton and Moss could play there as well if need be. As for Wagner, I think he has the Jarryd Cole body type but is a bit more athletic. I'd say he's more of a shorter athletic 4 than he is a 3.

I think Fleming is a 2 but Hutton and Moss could play there as well if need be. As for Wagner, I think he has the Jarryd Cole body type but is a bit more athletic. I'd say he's more of a shorter athletic 4 than he is a 3.

I liked the class individually but I was thinking we pretty much got 4 3's. Glad that's not the case.

Just saw on Twitter that a 6' 8" kid from Louisville is also transferring. He is originally from Omaha so might have a chance? Can't remember the name though.

Latest posts