New sound system in Kinnick

HawkeyeTech

The new system sounds great especially the bass register. But I think they are too in love with using it. I like letting the crowd make the noise on big third downs. Shut the damn music off and let us fluster the opposing offense with crowd noise. I personally think playing music at full volume during the opposing teams huddle should not be allowed.

The music played on Iowa kickoffs is also lame. Go back to the Stones "Start Me up" or find something else more fitting than whatever that was they were playing.

And I guess I'm too old to appreciate some of the "music" that was played during the game. Or maybe not. I was watching the student section during some of the selections and they didn't seem to be getting into it on a lot of them.

I thought the new sound system was excellent. I agree that it was misused at times though, but they'll get the hang of it. A couple times they would play rap music OVER the marching band, basically drowning out the marching band. I'm sure its just something they need to get the kinks out of.

I agree blasting the music while the other team is huddling sure seems to be cheap. Kinnick can be plenty loud if they just would let us do our thing.The other thing I wish they could eliminate is the stupid ads they run over the loudspeakers during the TV and other timeouts. I found it very difficult to talk about the game with my my bleacher buds during these "dead times". Do I really need to hear about Palmerro (sp?) being the preferred FROZEN pizza of the Hawkeyes over and over again??? yeah it's great but we certainly will not serve it here.

I'm in section 108. The music was so damn loud I couldn't begin to speak to the folks next to me. TURN IT DOWN.

The new sound system, is much improved from old system!! Still a few issues they will work it out.

It would be nice though if the replays were not shown in seizure-inducing mode.

I'm in section 108. The music was so damn loud I couldn't begin to speak to the folks next to me. TURN IT DOWN.
It is about 1/2 as loud as the system at trice. I'm hard of hearing but Ames last year was piercing.

Latest posts