New Season Outlook after the Non-Conference Slate

ChrisABraden

We were 2-2 (0-1 in B1G) in 2004 after the first 4 games. We ran off 7 straight wins & then won the Cap1 Bowl vs LSU (LSU was defending Nat'l Champs).

If there is any year a mediocre Iowa team could do it, it is this year in an obvious "Down" B1G Conference. We also have a very manageable schedule. Remain optimistic- because I only see 2-3 more losses at most. I really think we are competitive and in a position to win with everyone except Nebraska. I say that after watching almost all of the B1G non-conference games.

What's your new in-season prediction?

Woo Hoo! We're going to a bowl!

Oh.. wait. That's not what I think.

I think we'll be lucky to get three wins out of the B1G this year.

Who knows? To accomplish a 6-2 BGN record would be a dream. Most of the people on these boards still wouldn't be happy and complain and ***** about this and that.

5 wins would be just as good, but I'm hoping 4-4 and another mid level bowl so Iowa can continue to develop players and finish off the year with a win.

God forbid the Hawks only win 2 or 3 more times.

Always like optimism but there is quite a big difference with 2012 from 2004 though

The two losses in 2004 through four games were @Arizona State and @ eventual B10 champion Michigan
The two losses in 2012 are home games against ISU and Central Michigan

2004 featured a first-year starting sophomore QB Drew Tate
2012 features a second-year starter fifth-year senior QB James Vandenberg

2004 featured a very good experienced defense
With 2012 it's a young defense that hasn't proven how good or bad it is. Has looked very good at times but has also looked suspect through four games.

I just don't see this team getting to 6 wins right now, and it all starts with the QB IMO. If Vandenberg would play to the level as most expect him to then Iowa really should be 4 - 0 right now. However, he's been disappointing and Iowa is 2 - 2. If he picks up his play throughout the rest of the season then Iowa could reach 6 or 7 wins. If he doesn't, then it will be 3 - 5.

I predict that you, ChrisABraden, will continue to hurp some mighty derp all the way through the BoneG championship game and bowl season

I'ma go with 4-8, too. Iowa will find a way to beat Indiana and pedo state, and that's it.

I'ma go with 4-8, too. Iowa will find a way to beat Indiana and pedo state, and that's it.

This is pretty much how I feel except I think we'll beat Minnesota instead of Penn State. The win against Minnesota will settle the fans ever so slightly, and then we'll **** everything else down our leg except Indiana who we'll squeak out a win against. We suck. It's really depressing.

I gotta agree with the caller on Soundoff last night who said, I don't see another win on the schedule except maybe Illinois.

I gotta agree with the caller on Soundoff last night who said, I don't see another win on the schedule except maybe Illinois.

LOL are you serious? Did someone actually say that on the air??

Well on the bright side I doubt Iowa's going to be an overwhelming favorite for any games from here on out. And we all know Kirk's record in that dept.

Here's the deal. The hawks are a team that lacks consistency. The run game looks pretty well developed. Passing game has flashes but sputters. The D showed life for a couple of weeks and yesterday took the day off. I don't know what teams are going to show up from here on out. But I don't expect too many wins this year. I hope I'm wrong. I hope I'm surprised. It would be nice to cheer more on Saturdays but I'm not emotionally invested. Some call that being a fair weather fan. I don't care. I can't control what this team does from my control room in NC. I can watch and hope to enjoy it.

I think we pick up steam and prove our worth- no worse than 7-5. and Jon has to provide a crow buffet for all the lamers around here lately. :)

Mind you, these lamers will be the same dooshes that claim "well.... i had them pegged 6 or 7 wins preseason...."

I can hear it now.

I think the difference with this team is that I just don't see the talent on the field. I think we end up with 5 wins tops.

Latest posts