New recruit

Joe Argo..never heard of him..fallback recruit?
Well, you're apparently not from the east side of the state if you haven't heard of the Argo family. Dad, Bill (or Billy Bob as I called him growing up) was a star at Assumption and played professional baseball before coming back to the QC's and becoming a teacher and a baseball coach at Assumption. He will end up as a hall of fame baseball coach in the state of Iowa! Joe's older brothers were great athletes, in fact brother Willie was 1st team all state and the MAC conf. player of the year in football. He chose baseball though and played for the Illini. I have no doubt that Joe is walking on as a safety. His team mate from a couple years ago who walked on is now listed as the backup free safety. I imagine Joe will be slotted as a SS and will probably get himself in the mix in 3 years. Great pickup for the Hawks!

Well, you're apparently not from the east side of the state if you haven't heard of the Argo family. Dad, Bill (or Billy Bob as I called him growing up) was a star at Assumption and played professional baseball before coming back to the QC's and becoming a teacher and a baseball coach at Assumption. He will end up as a hall of fame baseball coach in the state of Iowa! Joe's older brothers were great athletes, in fact brother Willie was 1st team all state and the MAC conf. player of the year in football. He chose baseball though and played for the Illini. I have no doubt that Joe is walking on as a safety. His team mate from a couple years ago who walked on is now listed as the backup free safety. I imagine Joe will be slotted as a SS and will probably get himself in the mix in 3 years. Great pickup for the Hawks!
Could not agree more. All of the Argos are tough as nails and will out work anyone. I'm sure Joe will prove it in a couple years and earn a schollie and some playing time.

Thanks for that..I'm from SW Ia so that's my excuse

My first thought was, "Argo f**k yourself". If he turns out to be a player, this will make a nice poster.

Good get by the coaches. Like this kid. Argo will come in as a preferred walk-on at safety. He is the cousin of current Hawkeye walk-on Jake Gervase, who is listed as the back-up FS on the January depth chart behind Brandon Snyder, a walk-on from Inwood West Lyon.

Latest posts