New recruit for Basketball team

Basabe's name has been thrown around quite a bit. Fran is pretty high on him. Even without the departure of Fuller, Basabe to Iowa was going to be a possibility.

Basabe and Cody Larson were rated about exactly the same. He would be an excellent replacement for Larson. It will be nice to start adding players again.

Can someone with access tell me who the recruit is that they are referring to on Scout.com, please?

Go Hawks!
You must have missed my reply to the OP.
I don't yet have insider access at HawkeyeInsider (still winding down that deal)... but that's Basabe's mugshot.

Basabe and Cody Larson were rated about exactly the same. .

No, they aren't.

Larson is rated #29 PF by Scout.
Basabe #64 PF by Scout.

Please tell me who rated them "about exactly the same".

I have no problem with Basabe. However, if you are going to throw out a statement like this, at least prove it w/ some data.

No, they aren't.

Basabe #64 PF by Scout.

I have no problem with Basabe. However, if you are going to throw out a statement like this, at least prove it w/ some data.

Pretty sure he was talking about their overall grade on ESPN

No, they aren't.

Basabe #64 PF by Scout.

ESPN - Basabe scouts grade 89
ESPN - Larson scouts grade 92

That may be why is saying they are close ratings wise. I am not sure how big of a difference 3 points is. For what it is worth, Marble is an 89, Brust is a 90 and McCabe is an 87.

ESPN - Basabe scouts grade 89
ESPN - Larson scouts grade 92

That may be why is saying they are close ratings wise. I am not sure how big of a difference 3 points is. For what it is worth, Marble is an 89, Brust is a 90 and McCabe is an 87.

my bad

No, they aren't.

Basabe #64 PF by Scout.

The latest ranks by Scout are

Larson #23 PF
Basabe #35 PF

So the gap has closed between these 2 recruits.

Maybe not equal, but close.

Latest posts