New QB offer out of left field...

@HawkeyeInsider: '12 football recruits Cody Sokol (@TheRealNumbr19) and Patton Robinette also at the #Iowa #Hawkeyes hoops game.

I hope we get this guy. The video that espn has on him show some intangibles that are just great to have in a qb. Quick release, quick set up, and good delivery. Always a plus to have a qb that doesn't need to be built up from the ground.

Tall kid with a big arm, has a good head on his shoulders. Commited wants to win, reminds me of another big name QB who spent some time in good ole rocky top.

The Shadow's friend in Tennessee, Harry The Hat, says this kid is great. I hope we get him. Field General Patton has a nice ring to it

Can we save a football scholly on him and give him an academic scholly instead?[/QUOTE}

Absolutely. I know of one current player who has been on academic scholarship but not football.

Complete fail.

If you are not on football scholly you are not allowed to join the team for things like training tables and other things that scholly players get.

That is a stupid idea and the kind of thing people used to bring up about Ferentz' kids.

Complete fail.

If you are not on football scholly you are not allowed to join the team for things like training tables and other things that scholly players get.

That is a stupid idea and the kind of thing people used to bring up about Ferentz' kids.

Try again, non scholly players (walk ons)can join the team for training tables if they purchase that sort of meal plan, Colorado got into trouble for athletes not on scholarship eating at the training table and not paying for it. So, not being 'allowed' is a 'complete fail' on your part because under NCAA rules it is ALLOWED

Try again, non scholly players (walk ons)can join the team for training tables if they purchase that sort of meal plan, Colorado got into trouble for athletes not on scholarship eating at the training table and not paying for it. So, not being 'allowed' is a 'complete fail' on your part because under NCAA rules it is ALLOWED

the way sash described it was always the way i have heard it described as well.

That is not correct. YOu can't just buy that privilege. YOu have to be on scholarship. Also, you don't get the academic advantage/assistance that scholarship athletes get. You are a regular student that gets to practice football.

you can be on a Academic Scholly and recieve all benefits of a Atheltic Schooly
but it does count against that sports limit
I remember Kyle Galloway was on a Academic Scholarship and played for Mr. Davis but it counted against the limit on BB schoolies

LOL, so let's make the kid pay for everything just for the honor of being our QB.

You're an idiot.