New prospect for '12

rider22

According to Rob Howe tweet, Kyle Meyer PF from Georgia is on his unofficial visit today to Iowa City, will decide in a couple weeks, between Iowa, Clemson, and East Carolina.

According to Rob Howe tweet, Kyle Meyer PF from Georgia is on his unofficial visit today to Iowa City, will decide in a couple weeks, between Iowa, Clemson, and East Carolina.
I like the fact that east coast guys are even looking at Iowa. It shows Fran is doing what we all hoped he would.

Quinten Payne is a prospect and is suppose to be better than Cully. He was offered by Lick but not by Fran[/QUOTE]

When I hear these kid's names I can't figure out if they are yuppie elitist or redneck names. Seriously, you could imagine guys playing polo or raping Ned Beatty, but pretty much nothing in between.

Quinten Payne is a prospect and is suppose to be better than Cully. He was offered by Lick but not by Fran

When I hear these kid's names I can't figure out if they are yuppie elitist or redneck names. Seriously, you could imagine guys playing polo or raping Ned Beatty, but pretty much nothing in between.[/QUOTE]

Good God Man.... talk about awkward turtle moment.

I wonder if this is a Speraw guy, Kirk coached in the southeast for a long time.

Probably a good bet, Iowa also has an offer out to another player in GA, both of these offers came during the AAU season, including Meyer:

Charles Mitchell 6-7, PF, 4-star 62nd Overall 2012.
Charles Mitchell - Yahoo! Sports

Kenny Gaines 6-4, SG, No* from Georgia also has Iowa listed, but no offer listed:
Kenny Gaines - Yahoo! Sports

Iowa also had an offer out to Jaron Blossomgame, bue he ultimately has committed to Clemson

Meyer would be a big get, he can play both PF/C and provide shot blocking and rebounding.

Take a look at ratings boards all over and Iowa has offers and serious consideration from a lot of Top 150 players right now, imagine Iowa getting a Top 150 two years in a row...kinda been unheard of for a while.

I love how this staff is willing to recruit all over the country for the best talent such as NYC, Georgia, etc. This is going to pay off huge dividends if we can get some of these kids to sign.

More Kyle Meyer links

The more I searched the more impressed I was. The Atlanta Celtics are a very good AAU team and I kind of think Meyer might be a little overlooked like Basabe. Of course Meyer also has a Clemson offer as a Junior

Celtics Repeat in Little-Rock (2nd paragraph on Meyer)
Celtics repeat in Little Rock

Free Rivals paragraph on Meyer (impressive)
Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting - Stokes stands out at Wallace Prather

Last paragraph quick mention of Meyer
Paul Biancardi: Brandon Knight and Patric Young were among the standouts in Atlanta for the Wallace Prather Memorial tournament - ESPN

This guy would be a huge get for our program -- I really want him

On the Chicago Hoop's list of the top Illinois prospects for 2013, Quentin Payne,who has moved back to Illinois from florida and is playing at St Charles, was #8 overall. He is worth a look,no doubt.

Last edited: