New Prez talks with the team

I think I read that Ferentz said he had only met one or two presidents or perhaps it was spoken to one or two. Anyway there was a lot less involvement than I thought. So having one speak to the team would be a big deal in comparison

Call me crazy, but I LOVE the fact that he met with the team. Shows he cares about the Athletics of the Program and knows that it's a HUGE piece of the University of Iowa. It shows me that there's some hope with him.

But then again, could just be your standard welcome, but I don't remember seeing Sally does this, nor do I notice a lot of other schools Presidents doing this.

Call me crazy, but I LOVE the fact that he met with the team. Shows he cares about the Athletics of the Program and knows that it's a HUGE piece of the University of Iowa. It shows me that there's some hope with him.

But then again, could just be your standard welcome, but I don't remember seeing Sally does this, nor do I notice a lot of other schools Presidents doing this.

i guarantee you this is not standard. Most of these types look down their noses at athletics - remember hunter rawlings? he made his intentions know about not allowing freshmen to be eligible - he didn't even consult with the AD/head coaches prior to making that intention public. do you think he was spending anytime talking to the football team? guaranteed this is great for athletics.

this can only be good for athletics. how many times have previous presidents addressed the team? and why do you think he's over there so early in his tenure? i'd bet there have been some 'strained' relationships between the presidents office and the athletic department - we have assumed this, but i'd wager this picture proves that out.

I agree, ankle. It always start at the top. If you look at many (if not most) of the traditionally winningest schools, the University President prioritizes the athletic department. What we need is an AD that will prioritize winning over fund raising. Does anyone think that the AD's at OSU, UM, ND, USC, 'Bama, Texas, etc, prioritize fund raising over winning? They demand winning to help them fund raise

Man...i've been reading all the articles about the faculty criticizing this guy and his qualifications. I wonder if some of these people want to go through the same scrutiny on their qualifications. Academia...I love the way they hide behind their ideals. It makes me wonder how they would do having to get a job outside of the protectionist behavior of higher education. IMO, there has always been a poor effort to weed out the less qualified and implement a performance mentality.

I really like that the Regents shook this up.

Latest posts