New Oly weights and rules

and though a true wrestle back would be best, the changes to repechage are MUCH better. i hated that old system. this gives guys more opportunities to compete. which is a good thing.

Can Metcalf make 143? Can Ramos make 125? These weights are hard on the tweeners

I would say yes. night before weighins much easier than 1 hour weigh ins.

plus I didn't even see this. non olympic years there are now 8 weights!! just 6 for the oylmpics. love this.
non-oly years in Kilos: 57 61 65 70 74 86 97 125kg

The new rules will benefit the USA. Cumulative score will allow the Americans to build a lead, the old rules allowed the lesser wrestler to keep it close and hope to win the ball draw. I have not seen the bracket FILA will use in international events, but it can not be worse than the old method. I look for great things out of the USA in freestyle, Greco should also be better.

The new rules will benefit the USA. Cumulative score will allow the Americans to build a lead, the old rules allowed the lesser wrestler to keep it close and hope to win the ball draw. I have not seen the bracket FILA will use in international events, but it can not be worse than the old method. I look for great things out of the USA in freestyle, Greco should also be better.

The way the bracket/repechage will change will be that now if you lose, you make it to the repechage now if the guy who beats you makes it to the semi finals instead of the finals. then they will cross bracket to try to keep guys from wrestling each other twice. This will be great because it will allow basically twice as many guys to get a 2nd chance to compete. Which is the way it should be. For these guys to train their whole lives to get one match is just ridiculous. I can not even describe how much better this FILA regime has been. It's turning out that getting put on the Olympic chopping block is the best thing that ever happened to International wrestling.

Latest posts