New Offer & Visit

jdsmwauk

Anyone know who the DT that is visiting this weekend? Also, who the JUCO LB/DE the Hawks just offered? Thanks

thanks but I do not subscribe to ESPN insider.

Duke decommit Jackson down to three
January, 24, 2012
JAN 24
7:41
PM ET
EmailPrintComments
By Jared Shanker
Three-star defensive tackle Terrell Jackson (Columbus, Ohio/Marion Franklin) has opened up his recruitment and will make one more official visit before coming to a decision early next week.

The recent Duke decommitment has visited Illinois (Jan. 13) and Pittsburgh (Jan. 20) recently, and Jackson will visit Iowa this coming weekend.

“I’m probably make my decision when I come back on Sunday or Monday morning,â€￾ Jackson said, “and then make it public on signing day.â€￾
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider

Interesting. Looks like he would be a good get.
Pry the type of guy who would have a chip on his shoulder not getting recruited by his hometown ****eyes.

Interesting. Looks like he would be a good get.Pry the type of guy who would have a chip on his shoulder not getting recruited by his hometown ****eyes.

Sorry hometown Buckeyes. Accidently spelled it with an F. Not really an accident I guess, but it looked like Hawkeyes so just wanted to clarify.

The new juco offer appears to be DE/OLB Robert Caldwell from College of the Dessert (CA). Caldwell was mentioned along with his teammate Jake Sheffield (who chose ASU over Iowa in December) a couple months ago, but we haven't heard much about him since November. Caldwell is right around 250 pounds right now and could play either OLB or rush end.

Here's a link to highlight video on Hudl.com: Robert Caldwell - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

According to 247Sports' visit list, two DTs, Willie Henry of Glenville (Cleveland) and Terrell Jackson of Marion-Franklin (Columbus, OH) and WR Terry Grigsby of Omaha North will be in town this weekend. I could see some others (Nate Shaw, Robert Caldwell) being added to this list by the end of the week.

2012 Iowa Football Visits

So, is Jackson the consolation prize to the loser of the JJ stakes? Or do both schools have enough room for both in this class?

So, is Jackson the consolation prize to the loser of the JJ stakes? Or do both schools have enough room for both in this class?

Consolation prize, I would think so and I think others agree.

A Beautiful Day for Football: a Michigan State Football Blog

Recruiting is not this staff's strength. More and more fall back position offers arising every day as of late. The B and C plans are in full gear which is not uncommon for most years.

Dantonio / Ferentz wars continue.....you tamper with mine, I tamper with yours.

Hey Guys,

My name is Jim and I wrote the MSU article linked above. I noticed the traffic spike so I thought I'd pop by and introduce myself. It's worth noting from the MSU side that Jackson has said he is taking an official to Iowa this weekend while Johnson still hasn't 100 percent committed to visit MSU although it seems likely.

I do find it unlikely Johnson skips the MSU OV at this point, but if this weekend Johnson stays home while Jackson goes to Iowa. Iowa COULD end up with one or both DT's(not sure on whether you guys have space for 2 DTs). Long shot I think that Iowa lands both, but that would be a worst-case scenario.

Anyway, MSU/Iowa is becoming one of my favorite football games each year. A red letter game for MSU certainly.

Jackson and Willie Henry aren't consolation prizes I think...

I think beyond Jaleel we need 2 DTs anyways.

I think both offers are out there because Aaron Curry looks to be a bit more into Nebraska than Iowa..

Laron Taylor and Ruben Lile's teammate Goldsmith is more of the back up plan.

I think we take 1 DT outside of JJ. Also that article seems confident JJ is going to MSU, and everyone here is worried. I'm interested to see how this plays out, but I would like to see Iowa take both kids. I really hope JJ picks Iowa as I think KF and Co have put a lot of time and effort in there.

I think we take 1 DT outside of JJ. Also that article seems confident JJ is going to MSU, and everyone here is worried. I'm interested to see how this plays out, but I would like to see Iowa take both kids. I really hope JJ picks Iowa as I think KF and Co have put a lot of time and effort in there.

I think it sounds confident he is going to visit.

I wouldn't say they are confident he'll commit.

Hey Guys,

My name is Jim and I wrote the MSU article linked above. I noticed the traffic spike so I thought I'd pop by and introduce myself. It's worth noting from the MSU side that Jackson has said he is taking an official to Iowa this weekend while Johnson still hasn't 100 percent committed to visit MSU although it seems likely.

I do find it unlikely Johnson skips the MSU OV at this point, but if this weekend Johnson stays home while Jackson goes to Iowa. Iowa COULD end up with one or both DT's(not sure on whether you guys have space for 2 DTs). Long shot I think that Iowa lands both, but that would be a worst-case scenario.

Anyway, MSU/Iowa is becoming one of my favorite football games each year. A red letter game for MSU certainly.

Nice article, but I just want to let you know why this Iowa fan dislikes Mark Dantonio.....not MSU per say.

You say: Also, Iowa fans hate MSU football. They hated us before we beat them at Iowa in 2011 despite Ferentz's 3-1 record against them at the time, they hated us for stealing David Barrent even though they stole Cedric Everson from us on Signing Day, they hated us having Keshawn Martin pass on them down three scores at home even though Marvin McNutt did the same thing to us last year.

So if they're going to hate us let's have it be because we flat out stole one of their commitments, eh?

What I don't like about Dantonio, is he just seems dirty. Letting kids play coming out of jail. Going nuts on the field (after the refs), on an obvious helmet to helmet hit in East Lansing... ALL WHILE an Iowa player is twitching on the ground obviously knocked out, surrounded by Iowa staff attending to him. Telling a kid last year (Cooper) that coaches at Iowa were going to be fired over Rhabo.

There are several other things as well like getting all p!ssed off at a coaching clinic in Michigan. He just seems angry all the time, and he comes off as a d!ck....or at least to this Iowa fan he does. Like I said I have no problems with MSU football....it is Dantionio that I have a problem with.

Exactly what is a red letter game?

Hey Guys, My name is Jim and I wrote the MSU article linked above. I noticed the traffic spike so I thought I'd pop by and introduce myself. It's worth noting from the MSU side that Jackson has said he is taking an official to Iowa this weekend while Johnson still hasn't 100 percent committed to visit MSU although it seems likely. I do find it unlikely Johnson skips the MSU OV at this point, but if this weekend Johnson stays home while Jackson goes to Iowa. Iowa COULD end up with one or both DT's(not sure on whether you guys have space for 2 DTs). Long shot I think that Iowa lands both, but that would be a worst-case scenario. Anyway, MSU/Iowa is becoming one of my favorite football games each year. A red letter game for MSU certainly.

Latest posts