new OC = next head coach?

BergHawk7

I would assume and very much hope that GD is gone once the season is over. Which makes me ask this question, could iowa potentially hire a new OC and tell him that Kirk is at the end of his career, and that the new OC would be the head coach in waiting? Isnt that what Bielema was to Alvarez?

If Iowa can do that, can Bielema be put in that position again, he was the OC at Wisconsin right? The thing is would Bielema actually agree to that deal? Would he leave the SEC to do that?

I really hope this can happen, I know some of you have a problem with BB, for reasons I dont understand. In my opinion, theres no other coach thats perfect for iowa, who has proven that he can recruit and coach in the big ten.

I think of what Purdue did with Danny Hope and the coach in waiting situation. It skipped the vetting process, angered the current staff, did nothing for recruiting, and he was gone just a few years later.

Do you really think he leaves the money and position he has now to be a OC for 250 grand a year ?

I would assume and very much hope that GD is gone once the season is over. Which makes me ask this question, could iowa potentially hire a new OC and tell him that Kirk is at the end of his career, and that the new OC would be the head coach in waiting? Isnt that what Bielema was to Alvarez?

If Iowa can do that, can Bielema be put in that position again, he was the OC at Wisconsin right? The thing is would Bielema actually agree to that deal? Would he leave the SEC to do that?

I really hope this can happen, I know some of you have a problem with BB, for reasons I dont understand. In my opinion, theres no other coach thats perfect for iowa, who has proven that he can recruit and coach in the big ten.

Lots of fail in this post.

I think of what Purdue did with Danny Hope and the coach in waiting situation. It skipped the vetting process, angered the current staff, did nothing for recruiting, and he was gone just a few years later.

It worked out well for West Virginia, well except for the fact that it upset their current head coach at the time Bill Stewart and he tried to sabotage his future replacement before eventually getting fired early and then dying.

But hey West Virginia is back in the top 25 this year!

Change is coming. Change and hope maybe, but I was never a big fan of that. Anyway, I think change is coming. Only becuase change is inevitable, and change is constant.

It is presently October 2014. We can see if I might not be accurate sometime next winter/spring.

I don't see how that hiring would work.

(1) KF who would be involved in the hiring wouldn't simply pick someone similar to his current coaching philosophy since he'd be his OC for the time being.

(2) what coach is going to take a position where they have to put their ideology on hold to coach within a system for a certain amount of time before it becomes their program. I simply don't see this program in a position where I see many quality candidates being on board.

(3) I would hope that the majority of those upset within the fan base would want someone who wasn't selected by a committee in which KF, Barta and Sally Mason were all involved in the selection process.

Good lord dude. Do you really think BB would leave a HC position in the SEC to be an OC in the Big Ten. LOL. Use your F'N BRAIN.

Why would Bielema leave Arkansas for Iowa? He left the Big Ten and went to the SEC. The PREMIERE conference in football. Granted, he hasn't enjoyed much success there, however they will be much better next year as he will be in his 3rd year of building a bully program like he did at Wisconsin. I think we put the cart before the horse with all the coach talk. We need to find a coach that WANTS to be here and is creative in his offense gameplan. Personally, I think KF finishes his contract. GDGD is gone after this season. NO WAY does KF promote BF for OC position. His final years of Iowa legacy depend upon bringing in an 21st century offensive minded coach and being successful. The cupboard isn't bare. There are quality players in the program and success can be achieved.

Good lord dude. Do you really think BB would leave a HC position in the SEC to be an OC in the Big Ten. LOL. Use your F'N BRAIN.

Agreed, but based on his track record in conference play in the SEC he may not be leaving on his own terms and may be out the door before there is an opening. I think at this point if BB is a candidate (not saying he is) there may be more players involved then just Arkansas that we'd need to pull him away from.

Agreed, but based on his track record in conference play in the SEC he may not be leaving on his own terms and may be out the door before there is an opening. I think at this point if BB is a candidate (not saying he is) there may be more players involved then just Arkansas that we'd need to pull him away from.

Good point. He has had a rough start at Arkansas, but he inherited a dumpster fire and the AD knew it would take time for Bret to get his guys into the system. I can't imagine Bret is on any sort of hot seat... yet.

I don't anticipate any coaching changes. Kirk seems content riding out his contract with 7-5 teams. He and Greg Davis seem to get along fine with the 3 yards and a cloud of dust passing game. KF has never cared about fans and how they think things should be done. I don't see anything that makes me feel like there is pressure to do anything.

Latest posts