New OC? New QB!!

scia

It dont matter what KOK calls if the QB cant throw. Next itll be Derby and well have to sit thru him. We need Ruddock to get ready now hes the future.

You're talking about a coach that kept trotting out McCann to boos in the Michigan game when everyone in the crowd knew Banks was better.

Oh I know Mcann, and back to Serman with Frye. This two clowns we got at QB are gonna set this program back about 6 yrs. They will play because they are from Iowa and they are upper classman theyll get every opportunity to suck.

Well they're asking him to throw down and outs to the far side of the field. Doing a terrible job of getting him easy throws

Oh yeah make excuses for him what about that throw. He cant throw a slant. What JOKE.

It dont matter what KOK calls if the QB cant throw. Next itll be Derby and well have to sit thru him. We need Ruddock to get ready now hes the future.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I disagree with yours.

Vandenberg made some questionable decisions today; there were several instances where he tried to force it in to receivers where he shouldn't. He also missed a wide open TE several times. But to say he can't THROW is just uninformed. He has great arm strength and his accuracy is above average.

You need a "jump to conlusions mat".....when Vandy has time he is very good. Need to open it up from the first snap and he will really improve!

Oh yeah make excuses for him what about that throw. He cant throw a slant. What JOKE.

JVB looked less than impressive for quite a bit of the game, but I thought at the end... when the offense actually had some rhythm (and it wasn't run up the middle, run up the middle, pass on third and long) that JVB actually looked a lot more comfortable and really played well.

You can be a great player and play poorly if the offense or the system your are running doesn't utilize your strengths and have a rhythm that you are comfortable playing in.

Our passing game looked pretty good when we threw the ball. The receivers were finding ways to get open and they were making catches and winning their matchups.

I really think the coaches need to adapt to the team we have this year. This is a year where we have 2 really good receivers. I believe that there will be very few times this year where McNutt will not have the advantage over whoever is covering him. The coaches need to see this, change the playcalling, get the offense into a rhythm early and utilize our strengths.

We need to play how our players are comfortable/good at playing. I think we need to pass to free up the run, rather than run to free up the pass. I just don't think that is going to work for this team this year.

That is just my opinion though.

I will give him some credit and after rewatching the game or parts of it. I caught in the moment and was frustrated when I made this thread however, I do believe that the coaches need to play to Iowa strengths and Davis and McNutt should targeted at least 12 to 14 times a game each. They prooved today they have the ability to be maybe one of the best WR's duos in the country. Its like our coaching staff doesnt know how to use their athletes. Set JVB up for sccuess and design plays with routes where he needs to put some stank on it because he hasnt figured out his touch yet. As far as Coker goes teams are gonan stack the box and not respect the pass until we make them like we did today in the 4th until then hell struggle. Just my opinion and take.

Latest posts