New late 2011 commit!

Definitely random but i'll take it. I do like how much we've been recruiting the north east and getting quality under the radar guys. I bet connecticut really hates us between him and canzeri.

He gets a score of 40 on ESPN which doesn't even meet their criteria for a one star athlete. Apparently they don't think highly of him whatsoever or they pretty much didn't even look at him.

SCOUTS INC. PLAYER EVALUATIONS Evaluation Camp Results

40-Yard Dash
Worst: 5.81Best DE: Trevor Barry 4.39

20-Yard Shuttle
Worst: 5.14Best DE: Trevor Barry 3.91

Vertical Jump
Worst: 19.6Best DE: Jahmual Mitchell 37.5

He has decent combine stats for a high school senior. Perfect diamond in the rough, yet-to-be-Doylized, typical Ferentz-era recruit!

Without seeing film of this kid, but having now read about him and seen his numbers, the guy he reminds me of is former Hawkeye and Ankeny native Grant McCracken. Ideally, this kid will do a little more on the field, but as a late project, he seems like a low risk.

Definitely random but i'll take it. I do like how much we've been recruiting the north east and getting quality under the radar guys. I bet connecticut really hates us between him and canzeri.

you might think so, but i say a uconn website and they were all expressing their congratulations to the kid for getting picked up by us. who woulda guessed?

welcome aboard to the dean of mean!

Will be nice to have another man in the DL group. I'm not going to buy into that ESPN number at all. He sounds like he's got the right attitude and work ethic. Hopefully another hidden gem.

Without seeing film of this kid, but having now read about him and seen his numbers, the guy he reminds me of is former Hawkeye and Ankeny native Grant McCracken. Ideally, this kid will do a little more on the field, but as a late project, he seems like a low risk.

I definitely anticipate that the kid is a developmental kind of player. However, the very good news about the kid is that he's very "goal oriented," he has high expectations for himself, he's a hard worker, he appreciates technique, he has a quality wrestling background, AND by getting a shot so late in the game, he's definitely a kid who will likely feel that he has something to prove (and has the requisite chip on his shoulder).

My gut feeling leads me to believe that the kid will definitely be a low-risk recruit. Besides, given the appearance of our '11 group of DEs ... a group that is very "top-heavy" eligibility-wise ... it's good to have a guy who you know will put in the work and will also definitely red-shirt in the process.

Latest posts